Chapter 21

The sound of heels clicking echoed through the hallway while Lucifer moved me discreetly further away. At the back of my head, I knew we were being pursued and we couldn't stop now until we got home. We were so close to getting out of RAD, we were a few meters away from the front entrance.

 But I knew too well that it would be a way to easy just to get out of here. The enemy was more than we thought he was. We then decided to head out from the great hall doors, the thing was we just needed to get there before Aurelius shows up and wipes the floor with us.

In the end, I admitted defeat and allowed Lucifer to carry me. I was embarrassed but at the same time a wee bit happy that he was holding me. I mean- like you get all happy when your crush likes you back-uhm back to what I was narrating. We were one corridor off the great hall, we just needed to go down the corridor and we'd be out. 

"Y/N, we're almost there,"

I gripped the side of his jacket resting on his shoulder and he shifted quickly down the corridor. He put me down so he could level himself. He pressed his hand onto the doorknob and looked at me before he kicked it open. 

The room itself was dark and no lights were on. It looked basically how it usually was when the students weren't in for assemblies. It didn't seem sketchy but we took caution anyway. We walked down in single file with our left shoulder close to the wall.

I noticed something odd, I put my hand out to yank Lucifer back. But I miss his fingers by inches, the air started to get stuffy. It was oddly hard to breathe and I felt coughs escaping me every time I tried to breathe. 

"L-Lucifer," His body swivels around and he grasps my shoulders. 

He seemed to be perfectly fine, it was only me and I didn't understand. The air seemed to get thinner and thinner as we kept at it. We'd made it through half of the chairs rowed up, we had long gone passed the tiered seating we were almost there. 

Red eyes search all around my body for any wounds, I started to feel drowsy and lightheaded. The pain from the shackles starts throbbing at my wrists and I couldn't comprehend what in the Devildom was happening.

I feel my knees buckle and they did, suddenly the spotlight beamed at the lectern and there he was holding his grimoire in his hands. He lazily held himself up against the hard timber wood. He devilishly grins at me, Lucifer sat moved me and sat me down on one of the laid out chairs.

"My my, you got out after all," I clenched my fists, I wanted to strangle that brunette so badly at this point. I don't understand why he wanted all of this. "I was hoping you didn't go after her, but your brothers meddle too much," He unhinged himself off of the lectern and held the book ajar.

From where I was I could see foreign writing and symbols I couldn't make out. I heard Lucifer growl under his breath. His gradient red eyes held his gaze as he moved around the stage.

"Aurelius you're the one who was meddling, you meddled with our family knowing that you weren't meant to be with Lilith. We all know that I told you countless times but you didn't listen,"

Aurelis didn't seem to care with the words coming out of Lucifers mouth, he was already preoccupied with his 'oh so amazing plan' to eradicate us all.

"How ironic..." Snorted Aurelius, hopping onto the first step. He folded his arms and glanced at me. His eyes bored into the side of my head as I was trying to catch my breathing. Whatever he did to the air it was good for me. "You and this human can't be together either, a human and a demon. What makes it any different when it's a demon and angel?"

He got Lucifer there and then. I saw Lucifer bite his inner cheek. I grappled my fingers onto the chair in front of me for support. Lucifer made his way to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I nodded at him. 

"IT'S BECAUSE YOU WERE WITH MY SISTER, MY O-ONLY SISTER," 

Lucifer's breath hitched remembering the painful reality. 

Aurelius stopped in his tracks and analysed Lucifer from top to bottom trying to register what he was trying to say to him. 

"What in Devildom are you trying to say? I just wanted to be with her! Was that not enough that  I loved and cared for her?!" he snarled.

I gripped onto the hem of Lucifers vest and he looks down, he looked furious. Lilith herself was heartbroken from what Aurelius made her believe on that very afternoon in the bar. I couldn't blame Lucifer for being mad, the man in front of us was the man who broke Lilith's heart even if he was tipsy. 

Lilith couldn't believe it either after a week of not seeing him, she still seemed to have faith in him. But what happened on that night was set in stone. 

"L-l," I started but Aurelius had cut me off and his vein was bulging on his forehead that I could see it clear as day from where I was sitting.

"YOU BROKE HER HEART AND RUINED HER! After seeing you toss her out she was done with you!"

"LILITH LOVED ME AS MUCH AS YOU LOVE HER! I'M WILLING TO ANYTHING, I WANT TO KNOW WHERE SHE IS! I WANT TO SEE HER. I MADE THIS WRETCHED BOOK JUST TO SEE HER, I DONT CARE HOW MANY LIVES I SACRIFICED TO MAKE THIS,"

His expression grew alarming yet he didn't know the real truth. He stopped at his sentence, panting. Then it hit me. It was now or never I had to tell him the truth, this had to end tonight and I wanted it to end. I clambered myself onto my feet and clenched my eyes closed ready to tell Aurelius what he needed to hear all this time.

.

.

.

.

.

"A-Aurelius she's dead,"

Hey guys!!!

Thanks for reading until now, I will shortly be closing the story to the end as I know how I will end it! After this is finished I will reopen requests for my oneshot book and hope to make more progress on that. I appreciate all the votes and lovely comments from you all it has made my experience writing on Wattpad amazing!

*I update this story on Mondays~ so catch me update it again next week!

Until the next update

_softzuuu