Chapter 43

I unlocked my locker, still shaken up on what all just happened. But, alas, I needed to go to class. (Wow, that rhymed-)

I got the books I needed, and locked my locker back.

I walked down the hallway, as I saw that it was empty for once- or.. so I thought.

I looked down at the ground thinking to myself as I made my way to English class. But was soon interrupted as I bumped into somebody.

I stumbled and fell backwards, dropping my books onto the floor.

"Hey! Watch where you're fucking going!" An unknown voice said in front of me.

Without looking up, I panicked and tried to gather my belongings. "I'm so sorry.. I should've been paying more attention." I said, as I hesitantly looked up at a very pretty emo/goth-styled girl my age.

" I said, as I hesitantly looked up at a very pretty emo/goth-styled girl my age

She looked down at me slightly shocked

"Oh, sorry about that.. you get enough shit as it is. Are you alright?" She asked, crouching down as helping me up. "Mary.. right?" She asked, smiling slightly.

I quickly nodded as I gave her a soft, shy smile.

"The name's Luna. Sorry for the misunderstanding.. thought it was some other asshole who bumped into me." She said, fixing her hair.

"Well, nice to meet you, Luna! But.. if you don't mind me asking, why are you being so nice to me..? Why aren't you calling me bitch and slut like everyone else does..?" I asked, feeling my stomach slightly turn at the nicknames everyone gives me.

"Exactly like I said, you get too much shit for doing nothing as it is. There's no reason for me to just make it worse by doing the same.." She said, as she put her hands in the front pockets of her jeans.

"Oh, God- um.. that's the first. Thank you, Luna." I said as I smiled.

"Hey, it's no problem." She said, softly punching my arm as I giggled. "But I gotta get to class, and I'm pretty sure you do too.. so, here." She said, handing me a little piece of paper with her phone number on it. "We'll talk later, Mary! See you at lunch!" She yelled back at me as she ran down the hallway to her class, I'm guessing.

"See ya." I said, under my breath as I looked down at the paper in my hand and smiled to myself.

"Think later, Mary.. I need to get to class." I muttered to myself.