Spirit Gathering (Pt. 2)

Lunch, at the 4pm Bookstacks...

"ORDER IN THE COURT!"

Hanako sighed, not even bothering to meet anybody's eyes. Tsuchigomori, a still disgruntled-looking fox, and the Mokke were all present.

Surprisingly, the pink-haired boy, Mitsuba, had also tagged along at the brink of the moment.

Yashiro and Kou stayed with Y/N in the infirmary throughtout lunch, keeping her hidden from peoples' eyes to avoid question. The Mokke had told him they were hiding in their Boundary.

"What's this all about me hearing   Y/N is back?" Tsuchigomori frowned.

"She is  back." Yako hissed crossly. "And she positively defeated  me!"

"She grows up too fast." A Mokke wiped an imaginary tear. Mitsuba let out a small laugh, nodding in agreement.

"I remember when she was shy. She'd never  lay a finger to hurt somebody!"

Hanako fidgeted uneasily, summoning the courage to finally speak. He forced himself to sound bored and nonchalant.

"So? What is this about?"

A Mokke answered for him.

"We've waited for long enough, Hanako." It narrowed its tiny black eyes.

"It's about time you confessed!"

Hanako looked at it in disbelief, before letting out a harsh laugh.

"I already did!"

"You call that  a confession?" Mitsuba sneered. "That's hardly anything."

Hanako looked at him with a serene smile, though inwardly he was bursting with anger, wanting to tell him how hard it had been to let out pent-up feelings.

"He's right, 7th Wonder." Tsuchigomori huffed a small plume, affixing Hanako with a cold stare.

The apparition tensed. When the
teacher said something, Hanako knew he should consider the choice a bit.

"In what way...?"

"It was almost like you acted out of desperation!" The Mokke snapped, making its way in front of Hanako. The spirit shrank under the shrill screech of the little bunny.

"That's not  how you confess! You two should be comfortable, not surprise poor Y/N in the middle of her conflicted feelings-"

Hanako felt a small flare of shame; Y/N had  looked terrified and guilty. He even knocked out the donuts at one point.

"What's the point of this?" Hanako laughed. "C'mon, it's been three months! That was a mere infatuation!"

All the spirits stayed in a stern silence. Nobody laughed with him.

"Alriiiight...." His voice trailed off helplessly.

"Listen," Mitsuba ventured. Hanako was taken aback by how calm his voice had gone; not as cocky as before. "Do you want to live another three months without her?"

Hanako looked at him incredulously. Wasn't the answer obvious?

"Alright." Mitsuba smirked. "What about a year?"

"That won't happen!"

"Who are you to tell?" Yako spoke up after a long, grudging silence. "You are an apparition, 7th Wonder! We were never meant to be noticed! And yet here you are, with Y/N-"

"Alongside noticing, we are meant to be forgotten." Tsuchigomori continued in a steely voice. "We are rumors made to scare and entertain... but eventually, the students grow out of it."