Chapter 13

Hanako's rumor, slowly, but got back to the previous version.

Kou breathed a sigh of relief when he received a text from Teru that he could meet with Hanako in the student council room. While he was glad, that the spirit was all right and was again the way he was before, he was still worried sick about Nene. He suspected that maybe Mitsuba had his merit in it, but since he didn't know how to summon him, he couldn't ask him. He hoped Hanako would confirm that Senpai was safe.

Kou doesn't know what he would do if something happened to her. He couldn't forgive himself that he didn't go to check Hanako. Maybe if he was with her, it would never have happened that way? Senpai was a girl. Someone had to protect her. And he felt the responsibility of doing this. He wanted to be support for her, a person he could always talk to, a shield that would bounce every attack. Now he was so afraid of her that he couldn't think of anything else. But then he felt someone grab his arm. He turned and flinched at the purple hair.

He lowered his head slightly and came across Aoi Akane's worried expression.

"Minamoto-kun, do you know where Nene-chan is?" she asked, squeezing his hand.

Behind her came a breathless Akane. Without glasses, moaning under his breath that she shouldn't run away again. Kou returned to the worried Aoi and tried to smile.

However, only a faint grimace came out of it. He sighed and gave up trying to fool her. She was Senpai's best friend, so she had to be told the truth.

"I have no idea Aoi-san," he replied, glancing between the two of them.

Honestly, he hoped deeply that Nene had managed to get out and was now spending time with Aoi.

However, he could not have been more wrong, because the girl looked scared.

"Where are you going?" Akane asked, standing next to his dearest.

However, before Kou could answer, Aoi cut in.

"We'll go with you," she ordered.

The young exorcist winked, not understanding what had just happened.

He nodded slowly and started walking toward the student council room. Aoi won't see Hanako anyway, and Akane will probably get bored quickly and will go.

The greater was Kou's surprise when he opened the door, and Aoi's eyes immediately caught the ghost with choppy hair sitting on the table. Before Akane could react, the girl overcome the distance between her and confused Hanako with a few strokes. She grabbed his collar and glared at him.

Kou's eyes went wide and opened his mouth in disbelief. Akane fell to his knees, not believing what he saw. Hanako was equally surprised.

"What did you do to Nene-chan?!" she gnashed her teeth. "Where is she!?"

The ghost blinked too confused to answer. Kou shook off the first shock and pulled the girl away from Hanako.

"Aoi-san, since when can you see ghosts?" he asked.

The girl didn't even look at him. She did not take her eyes off the ghost.

"How dare you use Nene-chan?" she raised her voice, clenching her fists and breaking free from Kou. "She is the sweetest and nicest girl you could ever meet! And you want to hurt her? Kei-kun was right that all supernaturals are smart and rely on the naivety of people. You have no right to Nene-chan. If you do something to her, it will end badly for you!" she promised, her words dripping with hate.

She could do anything for Nene. She didn't think her friend could go to the haunted bathroom, before Aoi could tell her about the new rumor. She hoped, however, that the white-haired girl was safe wherever she was now.