Chapter 17: Birthing

It has been a long time since Vaas and I started to well date I guess. To be honsit he is kinda the best boyfriend I have ever had.  My other boyfriends have been super dickheads. Like this one guy named Avery Real, he was super nice at the start we dated for about 3 years or so. He was going to as my hand or something, I dont think he wasn't even going to carry on with it. Avery cheated on me with another girl, I think he is with the girl and she is pregnate. I told Vaas about Avery and he got all angry left for a bit I heared screaming from the toucher cage. I kinda smiled at his anger towareds someone who he will might never see. 

A loud female scream. Cloe? The men rushed around one came to me. 

"Doc. Cloe, isnt doing so hot." Phil spoke to me. I sat up straight behind my desk. 

"Bring her in here she might be due I'm not sure yet." 

"We are on it." 

They bring her in Vaas was with her as well. She was breathing heavy and sweating like a pig. They set her on the table. 

"Hey, Cloe you doing okay?" 

"M-my waterbroke!" 

"The baby is coming!" I got everything set up for her. "Vaas, Phil I need you to hold her legs open and up so I can get the baby out. Dave be by her head keeping her calm hold her hand she is doing this with no medicine we don't have the tools. Mark, get ready to clean and get the baby kept free of sickness."

They all did what i said to do Vaas looked up at me with a small smile. while i got between her legs. 

"Okay Cloe, sweety you have to focus on breathing." I order kindly.

"OH FUCKING GOD GET IT OUT!" 

"Calm down breath Cloe, Breath." I oreder. She did as I say. "Okay when you are ready start to push" 

She started to grunt as she start to push the baby out. I could see the top of the head. 

"Keep it going I can see the top of the head. she kept pushing as hard as she could. The head was free. I put my hands under the head of the baby. "Go go go you got this." She kept pushing I can see the sholders I help her by pulling slightly. She kept pushing till the point that I can just pull it out. I took my scissor and cut at the ampilical cord. I tie it up and hand it over to Mark. He quickly cleans the baby and opens up the air ways the kid started to cry. I clean up Cloe's bloody legs and area between legs. She groanded in pain. Everyone had left for me to help out Cloe.  "You okay Cloe?" 

"I feel so weak..."

"Well you just gave birth with no medicine." 

"I lost so much blood did I?" her voice was broken she was getting weaker by the second. 

"Not a whole lot of blood." 

"I....I....I dont think...I'll make it." 

I walked up next to her and held her hand, her skin was really cold and calmmy. She looked up at me with sadness in her eyes. 

"Take good care of my chi....." Her hand fell limp so did her head. I sigh and close her eyes for her. I put a blanket over her body. I walked out of the little hut sadness filled me. She was my friend that I could go to. She was normal, from where I was. My last light of normalacy is gone. I looked up to see Vaas holding the baby wrapped in a blanket he had a confused look on his face. 

"Cloe....She...." I started to tear up. Vaas handed the child over to one of his men he walked over to me and hugged me tightly I cryed in his shirt. "I could have givin her medicine.....Why didn't I?"

"You did your best. Hell you gave a child a life with one arm." 

"I am a failure." I cryed 

"Shh Shh Shhh. Its okay, you have a life to have take care of. The baby is a boy so you get to name it."

I sniffle looking up at Vaas who is smiling down at me. He leaned down and kissed me on the nose. I blush I look over at the boy who is asleep. 

"I think I'll name the boy Clyde."