Ch.20) Getting things done

//Trigger warnings: a swear word, aaand...I think thats really all there is.
     Also, sorry about how long it's been taking to publish more chapters. I've been having some family problems as of late and haven't been really motivated. Anyways, hope you enjoy!!//

      ~Roman's pov~

         I had just gotten out of the shower and gotten dressed. Currently, I was brushing my hair out of my face and styling it. Even in hard times, a prince has still got to slay. Once I was done, I walk out of my room, determination welling up inside me. I run down stairs and into the kitchen where Logan and Patton were talking. "Padre and Madre!! (Father and mother in case you guys need to know.) I have a quest to go on!! I shall be back in a while." Starting to walk out of the room, I get stopped by Patton.
       "Hey, Kiddo? What kind of quest are you going on? Wouldn't it be better to stay here?" He looks at me with worry and concern. I sigh and walk over to the poor bean, yes I did just call him that, and give him a hug.
      "I'm on a quest to save my princess from danger. It shouldn't take to long, and I promise I'll come back safe." Patton nods and hugs me tighter before letting go.
      "Okay...j-just make sure you come back by lunch time tomorrow, please." He smiles softly at me as I nod.
       "I promise!! I'll see you later!!" Logan waves at me as Patton goes to sit back down next to him. I run out the door and start my journey, knowing exactly where I have to go.

     //Time skip to a few hours later.....-//

      It had been about four hours since I left and I was nearly there. Normally, I would just teleport to places but, not this time. I need the stealth and I need to map out a plan on how I'm going to do this. Luckily, Patton and Logan didn't interrogate me too much on where I was going. If they did find out they would have never let me go. After a few more minutes of walking I finally arrive at my destination, the dark side of the mind. This was the last place I have to check which means that Virgil has to be here. I grab onto my sword and approach the castle, ready for anything.

         *Virgil's pov*

      I had woken up with bandages wrapped around me and I was lying in bed. The last thing I remember was Deceit coming in to help me. When the thought of Deceit drifts through my mind I bolt up and groan in pain as I lay back down and cough harshly. My breathing is shallow and hurts every time I take a breath. "I'm pretty sure some of my ribs are broken, damn it...." Letting out a sigh I struggle to slowly sit up. I should really take a shower or bath or something. After a few minutes, I was standing but almost fell over when the door was thrown open and Insanity walked in. He was in an orange and black suit, it seemed to shine with a lot of other colors too, especially around where he had the holster for his sword? When did he get a sword? It looks familiar for some reason.
        "Take a shower and get dressed. We have someone we want you to meet and you have to be presentable." Insanity tosses some clothes at me and walks out. Before he leaves he turns to look me up and down, scoffing. "Hurry up though, if your not downstairs in....thirty minutes I'll send Remus up to get you and I don't think you'll like that." He slams the door shut as he leaves and I pick up the clothes, looking over them. They're nice but, there yellow. I'm guessing he stole Deceit's clothes. A sweater and some nice black jeans, I'm not complaing to much about it because they look comfortable and aren't covered in my blood so, I'll take what I can get. I walk into the bathroom and start to get undressed with some difficulty when I hear the door to the room open and a soft knock at the bathroom door.
       "Y-yes?" I open the door a crack and look at the person standing behind it. Deceit.
        "I came to ask if you needed any help. With your injuries it might prove difficult for you to get undressed and dressed by yourself, also it might be hard for you to shower." Deceit states as he looks down my body, a frown on his face as he sighs softly. I was well aware of the bruises and cuts all over my chest and the bandages that were wrapped around me, already soaking in blood.
        "I....I would like some help...thanks..." My voice was hoarse and quiet. I felt like Deceit was the only one I could trust right now so I did accept his offer. Although I would never admit it, I did need help to get cleaned. Never thought there would be a time that I would only be able to trust Deceit. He smiles softly at me before he walks in and shuts the door behind himself.
         "If your uncomfortable with anything I do, let me know and I'll stop, okay?" Deceit softly grabs my arm and starts to take some of the bandages off.

        //Time skip brought to you by Oreos because I just really want one right now.//

      Deceit had just rinsed out my hair when I sigh softly. I decided that a bath would be best if he was going to help me. There were bubbles in the bath so he didn't see anything but a little bit lower than my chest and up. "Is something wrong, Virgil?" He sounds concerned as he hands me a washcloth to clean myself off with.
      "I mean....kinda....I just don't understand it, Deceit...not to make you upset or anything but, I never thought that you of all people would be someone I could trust. Then again I never thought that I would be taken away from my family either..." I sigh softly as I look at him. My eye-shadow and foundation was off so he could clearly see my freckles and the bags I had under my eyes. Deceit looks away as he sighs and messes with the scales on his hand. His gloves were sitting on the counter.
        "Virgil....I hope you know that...I never wanted any of this to happen to you. I was hoping that you would trust me because.....I just really need you back, your my family and so is Remus. I'm not lying when I say that. Trust me, things should not be like this. Insanity, he just showed up and....took eveything over. I've never liked him but I follow his lead because he says if I don't he'll hurt Remus and...I-I can't let him do that....Remus is basically the only family I have left because I thought you would never come back." He rambles on about this as I look at him with tears in my eyes. I feel bad about leaving him and Remus. With a small sniffle I hold my hand out to him and he looks at it before he grabs it.
        "Your still my family Dee, you and Remus. Sure, I left but I just wanted to....live a happy life I guess, and I felt like I couldn't do that here. I never stopped believing that you guys were my family...." I offer him a small smile and he smiles back weakly.