Chapter Two

My eyes droop closed slowly. "Miss Cooper. Am I boring you?" The teacher asks. I quickly open my eyes and nod. "Just a bit Mr. English." I say, laughing slightly. He never liked my parents, or aunt. Or for that matter my family at all. Mr. English was my parent's teacher when they were in high school.

My Aunt Riley unscrewed his chair one time and he fell. Served him right for being a jerk to my mother. Ever since, apparently he tests his seat before sitting. I've been thinking up pranks to pull on him ever since I got him as it teacher. Not a very cheerful guy let me tell you.

"I'd watch your manners young lady. I can have a call sent to your parents." He threatens. I raise an eyebrow. "You mean the parents who can't stand you? Yeah, I'm sure I'll get in lots of trouble Sir." I say sarcastically. He glares at me once again before returning to his lesson.

I have most of my classes with Henry, Leah or Nick except this one. And it sucks. Out of all my classes, I should be with one of them for english because it's the most boring thing ever. Well, the teacher is. I absolutely love the class just not him. I'm thinking of majoring in english actually.

"Mr. Douglas. Late again?" I look up, along with everyone else in this class, at the late student. It takes me a moment to recognize him.

The guy from starbucks. "Sorry Mr. English. I had to teach some guys a lesson." He says carelessly. The teacher clears his throat and awkwardly motions for him to sit. My eyes watch his movement carefully.

Not going to lie, he is without a doubt the hottest guy in school. That I've seen at least. Finally, the last bit of recognition lights up in my brain. Colton Douglas. The notorious bad boy. Rumor has it, he's in a gang. He is also a major player.

Well, rumor says. I don't usually believe rumors around this school. Especially not from-

"Colton!" A voice squeals. "Come sit next to me." I roll my eyes. Alyssa Morgan. She's the school's mean girl, and coincidentally the daughter of Courtney Morgan. The psycho who put a sniper on my mother years ago. Alyssa is adopted, since Courtney ended up marrying some girl who's name I never learned. And...well you need a guy and girl to make a child. Not two girls.

Point is, she's a bitch. Major one. Just like her dear mother. Also, like her mom, she hates my family. Including me. The only member of my family she doesn't hate is Nick. She just finds him hot.

Which I find funny, considering he's the son of Antonio Cooper and Courtney was obsessed with my dad. Like mother like daughter, right?

Colton smirks and slides into the seat next to her. On the other side of miss Queen Bee, is her sidekick Molly. Anyone want to guess her parents?

If you guessed Bethany and Nathan, you're correct. Aunt Riley's ex boyfriend and best friend. Small world, huh? "Want to come to my place tonight baby?" Alyssa purrs. I pretend to gag. Sadly, Alyssa, Colton and Molly are in the row in front of me. So I can hear this. Perfectly.

"Maybe another time. I'm busy tonight." He refuses. I stare at his face closely. He's lying to her. Why is Mr. Player denying a girl? Especially Alyssa? Weird.

"Lying isn't polite." I whisper, leaning forward in my seat. Alyssa and Molly shoot me killer glares for interrupting. I couldn't pass up this opportunity though. Aggravating Alyssa makes my day.