Chapter Twenty

"Who's this?" Jay asks. I sigh. "My ex. He cheated on me with the Alyssa girl I mentioned. Moved schools. Seems everyone prefers the bitch over me. Either that...or they're insanely desperate." I reply casually. Jay blinks at me before standing and punching Jeremy.

I stare. "Dude! What the fuck!" He exclaims. I giggle and stand. "You deserved it." I answer. Jay glares at my ex. "Don't you ever cheat on a woman again. Have some respect." He says. He grabs my arm and pulls me out.

"Wait!" Someone yells. We turn. Natalie is running over with a...sharpie? She takes Jay's arm, writes something and runs back inside. "Dude...seriously? And she isn't even that hot." Jay whines, staring at the seven numbers on his arm. I shoot him a look and get in the car.

---------------------------------

"Let me get this straight..." Nick starts.

Leah leans forward in her seat and takes a cookie from Damien. He shoos her away. "You told a drunk guy, Brody, that you didn't want to attend the stupid dance with him...so he chased you in his car then got shot at by some guys. Then one of the guys, Jane or whatever- "

"Jake"

"Whatever took you on a date to a cafe where some girl hit on him before telling you to shut up and stomping away. And if I understand correctly, this is when your ex asshole Jeremy appeared and Jackson-"

"Jake"

"Whatever stood and punched him? Let's not forget that Natalie chick wrote her number in sharpie on his arm....why do you always have interesting nights? Uncool man." Nick sums up.

I stare at him and take a cookie from my younger brother. "You remember the desperate girl's name but not the dude who saved my life and took me out? Seriously?" I ask, completely amazed. Leah chuckles.

"Where has Colton been?" Damien asks me. I stop eating the cookie and clear my throat. "Oh...he took your sister on a date then kissed her enemy. Happens like all the time. Actually, it happened with your parents as well. History repeating itself." Leah says. She chuckles slightly and nonchalantly eats another cookie.

Damien, Nick and I stare at her. Is she for real? "What?" She asks. Nick scoffs. "You sound so inconsiderate." He mutters. She blushes. "Sorry."

"Hey fellas!" My uncle yells. Uncle Noah, Aunt Kenz and Dominic waltz in. "My mom texted me. I need to go. Bye guys!" Leah yells. She wiggles her fingers at us and struts out. "Weird. Anyways, Henry is waiting at Starbucks. We ready?" Dom asks. The three of us stand and nod.

"Before you go, I need you to stop by the studio tonight. For dress fitting." Aunt Kenzie says. I groan and whine before she shushes me...by hitting me with a newspaper.

"Can I bring a friend? Or...a few." Aunt Kenzie shrugs at me. "Why not? WCR could use a few new models anyway." She says. I sigh. Would Ellie even like modeling for them? Guess we'll find out. The four of us teenagers head out to meet Henry at Starbucks.

"Hey guys!" Henry greets us. I hug him.

"Feels like I haven't seen you in forever!" I exclaim. He chuckles and nods. We all order and take a seat. "I can't wait until next weekend!" Damien says. We all murmur agreements.