Honesty is A Trap

"Is it because of Junho?"

The question echoed in Haneul's head for a moment. It seemed like Wooyoung had it right, but she also didn't feel comfortable admitting that it was indeed Junho that made her feeling slightly worried over him misunderstanding her closeness with Wooyoung.

It just didn't sit right with her how Junho has affected her that way.

Wooyoung's right, why should I care? She told herself defensively.

"Anyway, I just think it would be uncomfortable to have people at the company thinking that way," she ended up said.

"You didn't answer my question though.." Wooyoung said.

"What? Junho? Ey, no way.." Haneul tried to sound unbothered and smiled awkwardly.

Wooyoung surveyed her, trying to see through the mind of his bestfriend who was now fiddling with her phone on the passenger seat. She never really showed that she had any feelings for Junho, but things could change anytime without him knowing it. Moreover, it was also the first time since long that Haneul got so close to another guy.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Haneul asked as she realized Wooyoung was watching her and seemed to be deep in his thoughts , "Look at the road when you're driving!"

"You're just being weird, that's all," Wooyoung shrugged and turned the steering wheels.

"I'm not,"

"Yes, you are, Haneul-ah," he insisted, "I treated you the same as I always does, and it's the first time you ever say you don't like it,"

"...and, you're point being?"

"So, I thought you have someone you like at the company, and I thought it was..," Wooyoung trailed off, "..that person."

"That person? Junho? Hahaha," Haneul laughed at his choice of words, "Why didn't you say his name?"

"Aish..you know who I mean. Yes, Junho."

Haneul fell silent. Wooyoung was her bestest friend for a reason, she thought. It also crossed her mind just earlier that she might have feelings for Junho, but she didn't really understand it herself.

"Junho is great.." she started, "he has the look, he is a gentleman, he is cute sometimes, he is also nice and all,"

"I sense a 'but'," Wooyoung raised one of his eyebrows.

"But, I think I'm not at the age when I can just fall for someone just based on those things," Haneul said truthfully. She was no teenager who falls in and out of love easily.

"So?"

"So, I don't like Junho that way," Haneul said, almost sure. She always saw Junho as a friend and a colleague. Well, at least before yesterday.

"...yet." Wooyoung whispered aloud, as if he saw through her mind.

"Why are you so sure?"

"Just a feeling.." he shrugged again, still focusing on the traffic.

"Are you okay with it?" she asked carefully. She didn't know how things might go after this, but she really wanted to know Wooyoung's opinion on it. Afterall, Junho was his friend for so many years. She shifted on her seat so that she could see his reaction better. "I mean, if I ended up liking him?"

The guy sitting next to her inaudibly sighed and pushed the car's honk, then directed a frustrated remark towards the car in front of them, "Yah! Decide which line you want to be already! Don't drive like such a noob!"