16

1st of November 2022
If You Ever Want To Be In Love: James Bay
'We were young, we were side by side, don't know when we started losing touch.'

'Hey Mum, how are you?' I asked as I walked inside my parents house, where Ashton and Isla were currently staying.

'Good sweetheart how are you?' she asked as she pulled me into a hug. I had decided that I was coming over for dinner , since it can get pretty lonely at home with just myself and Mimi, who is asleep half of the time, because thats just what cats do.

'Good thank you,' I said before heading into the kitchen to see what she was making. Roast beef, the meal that she usually makes when I come over for dinner, which was my favourite as it reminded me of home, as we usually had a roast dinner every Sunday night when we were all here.

'Luke is here, by the way,' she said with a sympathetic smile. 'Ashton invited him over for dinner.'

'That's fine, we are on good terms at the moment,' I said honestly. It was true, ever since Shawn's sisters birthday weekend, Luke and I have been on speaking terms, catching up twice a week, trying to rebuild our relationship and establish a friendship at the same time.

'They are outside with your dad I believe,' she said softly as she made her way back into the kitchen, a place that she has always loved and taken comfort in, even before Jordan's death.

'Do you need any help?' I asked before I left and she shook her head.

'No no, you know me, I like to cook by myself,' she said honestly and I nodded before I walked through living room, remembering all the times I had spent with Jordan in here and my heart felt heavier than usual, knowing he should be sitting on the couch with us, watching whatever movie he had chosen for the night, all of us laughing at his commentary and everything else in between.

'Hey everyone,' I said as I walked through the doorway, Luke looking extremely surprised that I was at my parents house.

'Hi darling, how are you?' my dad asked as he pulled me into a warm hug, being careful not to spill his glass of red wine on my white shirt.

'Good dad, how are you?' I asked with a smile as he let go of me.

'Good thanks.'

I said hello to Ashton and Isla who were sitting on the outdoor couch, before making my way to Luke who was leaving against the pool fence, watching the game of cricket on the television.

'Hey Luke,' I said softly, going in for a hug, which he reciprocated easily, his touch on my arms lasting a little longer to be classified as just friends. The soft but lingering kiss on my cheek that he gave me also indicated this interaction was one between more than friends.

'Hey Sienna, how are you?' he asked and just like that we were talking like nothing had ever happened between us. He spoke of how excited he was for the new music him and the boys were releasing soon. I told him about my two exams that I had in two weeks time and that I was pretty confident that I was going to do well on them.

He told me that him and the boys are staying in Australia for as long as possible, wanting to stay in their home city for a little while longer before they had to go back to America for touring and publicity commitments.