Chapter 5

I rush to the window and sure enough, all the purple in my hair has turned red. I stare at myself and notice something... my eyes... they weren't normal. They were purple with a black slit for a pupil, like a cat's. There were black dots surrounding it. The more I stared the more I thought about it, the more I thought about it the more scared I became. 

Then something weird happened... my irises turn deep red and my pupils turned into X's. I screamed. Luke ran in.

"What's wrong?!" he asked

I point towards the mirror frantic 

Realization lays on his face and he smiles "I see you've discovered your eyes"

My eyes widen "What the hell is going on?!"

He holds my arms "Rex look at my eyes" I look up, his aren't brown anymore, they looked just like mine had before but they were green. 

I gasp "Is this?...."

"Part of our powers? No. Part of a long lineage of powerful people? Yes" 

All of a sudden something changed in me, like something opened an eye and said "This is who you are, embrace it Rex" I turn towards the drawer and open it, looking for sissorrs. Luke said something but I couldn't hear him. I find the sissorrs and grab a handful of my hair and snip it off. The part I yanked off is now up to the middle of my neck. I smiled. My eyes changed again, this time they were dark green and my pupil was a cresent moon.

Luke's eyes widen as he looked at me "Woah Rex... you're going all out"

I turned towards him " You bet I am Luke" I turn back towards the mirror and hack off more hair to even it out.  "That's more like it" I frowned realizing what I was doing. I looked at Luke who was standing behind me.

Luke smiled as he wrapped his arms around me. "If you're about to ask me if you just did that, then yes yes you did. And by the way" he kissed my cheek "Love the hair Rex." He smiled at me once more and left the room.