Chapter Two

The next night, Inseong shows up to the dance studio with Taeyang once again, ready to cut a bitch if that certain bitch played his feelings and hurt him in high school. But he's ready to cut any bitch, really.

And maybe he shows up wearing a white shirt that showed off his collarbones and his black jeans that showed off his thin legs and hips. Maybe.

"You came again." Sanghyuk notes from inside as Inseong steps in. The brunette frowns. Sanghyuk smirks. "Glad I didn't scare you off."

"Shut up."

Taeyang looks between them awkwardly, wanting to side with Inseong, though having known Sanghyuk for longer makes that a bit difficult. He slips off to the back room to get changed before the two can acknowledge him standing there.

Sanghyuk frowns, taking a step forward. Inseong stands still, but being so close still makes his heart beat worryingly. Fuck a natural chemical reaction. "Inseong, we need to talk."

"I think one of us needs to apologize to the other before we can talk."

"Okay, I can wait," Sanghyuk offers obliviously. Inseong gapes at him. It takes him a second to realize what Inseong meant. "Oh! Oh. Oh. You want me to apologize." He clarifies for himself. "Got it, got it. Uh, for prom?"

"No, for stepping on my foot in eighth grade." Inseong snarks. "What do you think I'm asking you to apologize for!?"

"Okay," Sanghyuk nods, raising his hands defensively. "Point taken. I'm sorry for ditching you at prom."

"I feel like you don't mean that."

"Look," Sanghyuk starts, raking a hand through his hair. "I am sorry. Really."

Inseong shrugs, leaning against the back wall that at this point he's claimed as his own. "Why'd you do it?"

"Inseong, it was three years ago."

"Yeah, and three years ago I was in fucking lo-"

He stops when Taeyang comes out of the back room, waving at them. "Are we ready?"

Sanghyuk turns to him, nodding, before glancing back to Inseong. "Can we talk later?" His eyes are wide, concern glimmering in them. "Please?"

The brunette nods, sliding down the wall to sit comfortably, pulling out his phone. He decides to occupy himself by texting his groupchat, made up of online and college friends, and then Juho.

ME:
Hey gang

Juho:
what do you want

Chanhee:
He's just mad bc you're hanging out with taeyang and he isn't

ME:
Yeah ik

Juho had kept hidden his feelings for Taeyang since their freshman year of college. Ever since the blonde had smiled at him in his first class he'd had his sights locked and loaded.

Juho:
shut up.
has he said anything about me? i'll give you 20$ for answers

Jae:
omg he's desperate that's cute!!!

Practically their entire friend group knew about Juho's crush, save for Taeyang himself. Everyone was always trying to stick the two together in some situation, however. For instance, last Halloween Youngbin had dragged everyone (including Sanghyuk, to Inseong's dismay) to a haunted house, then paired up Taeyang and Juho for the event. Before that, Jaeyoon had thrown a party and gotten the whole group together to play Seven Minutes in Heaven, then replaced everyone's name with Taeyang's when Juho had drawn.