Chapter Three

Inseong wakes up to a searing headache and an aching throat, but he doesn't notice the wave of nausea until he sits up and nearly throws up over the side of his bed. Outside it pours, once again, and the traffic coming and going from the dorms is heavy. He stumbles slowly over to his windows, drawing the curtains shut roughly. "Fuck..."

His phone beeps from somewhere across the room, and he spins clumsily to notice it wrapped in his jeans from the night before, peeking out from the pocket. It takes him three minutes to grab it, climb back into bed, and actually open it up, groaning the whole time.

TAETAE:
Heyyyy!!! >:) Can I expect u tonight or should I find some1 else?
No pressure
Love u

TAETAE:
Hey, are u ok?
Didn't see u today in class
It's late...

TAETAE:
I'm worried, you're always up by 3.
What's going on?
Are you sick?
Text me back!!!

Inseong checks the time, blinking in shock, because it's the only reaction he can have without either throwing up or crying out in pain, when he realizes it's six. He'd slept for almost a whole day?

ME:
Hi

It takes two seconds for Taeyang to start typing, and Inseong knows he's in for it.

TAETAE:
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WIT HYOU
FUCK YOU
I WAS SO
WORRIED!
EVEN JUHO WAS WORRIED
THAT MAN IS FUCKING STOIC
YOU KNOW WHO ELSE IS WORRIED?
SANGHYUK
I DON'T KNOW WHY BUT HE'S FUCKING.
MID PANIC
WHERE ARE YOU
IT IS SIX PM

ME:
Youre so ldoud pls
i'm Sickd
sickd
sicj
Sik
sick
.
I am sicl.
Oh my God.

TAETAE:
oh baby im sorry :( go back to bed, don't worry
i'll stop by tomorrow morning to check on you
i'll bring food and medicine!
go get some rest, don't even respond to these, i know u read them

He doesn't need to tell Inseong twice, as he throws his phone to the other side of the bed instantly and curls up underneath the blankets. The rain patters angrily against the window, echoing through the room. And, though the space is cold, Inseong still continually needs to wipe a sheen of sweat off of his cheeks and forehead.

Drifting in and out of sleep for what seems like hours, Inseong can only tell that time is passing by the room getting darker and darker. Soon it's pitch black and the storm outside is still raging. It's harder now, thunder clapping and lightning flaring every so often to accompany the rain.

Though he wants to wake up, he can't bring himself to, and once again drifts into sleep. It continues on for, once again, likely hours, but he can't tell anymore. Every time he's awake blends together until he isn't sure if he's really slept at all, unsure of if he'd been spacing out the entire time. Though, he vaguely remembers having a fever dream, so he's guessing that he's slept.

And, once again, he falls into a deep sleep.

He's unaware when his front door cracks open and somebody steps inside.

★・・・・・・★

Inseong wakes up to the feeling of cold water dripping down his neck. At first, he thinks it's sweat, until he reaches up and feels a soft washcloth clinging to his forehead. He sits up, looking quickly around the room.

His lights have been turned on in the hallway, illuminating everything with a soft, orange glow. Especially the boy asleep with his arms crossed over his head, leaning onto the bed next to the shocked brunette. "Sanghyuk?"