HITCHCOCK

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿: 1/1

𝗣𝗮𝗶𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝖸𝗎𝗀𝗂 𝖠𝗆𝖺𝗇𝖾 𝗑 𝖸𝖺𝗌𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗈 𝖭𝖾𝗇𝖾

__________________________________

𝙉𝙊𝙏𝙀𝙎: Pleasantries, mortals!
Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun and all its recognizable characters are property of the respective owner.  Publicly, settings, etc. are owned by their respective creators.
__________________________________

𝐇𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐜𝐨𝐜𝐤
“𝙸𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚘𝚏 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘
𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝,
𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚊𝚝𝚎
𝙸 𝚘𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎?”

__________________________________

“𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒚 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆,”

                          “𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓
       𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒔.”

__________________________________

“Sensei. I'm asking about my life. What should I do while I'm still alive? Petty words like “No one knows that answer to that” aren't acceptable, alright?”

Briefly, for a split second, the boy sans his purpose tilted his head back. Lips moving, a bittersweet upturn all while his eyes twinkled like a mirror being illuminated with the moon's luminance. A puny hand reached up to the sky, with a plan to conquer something he cannot attain, turning and suddenly— hearing dear sensei shout out his name in midst of his hysteric haste.

Falling, he was falling. It's a nice feeling; with the chilly wind embracing him, caressing his feverish skin, wheezing pass his flaxen locks— he felt free.

Is this how it feels to be free? Unburdened, unbounded by grief and sadness the life decided to bestow upon him?

“I'm not going anywhere.”

A murmured promise getting carried by the wind, and suddenly, he was unshackled— life seeping away, slipping from his fingertips.

_____

“And I'll stay here.”

The lad took the girl's hands upon his, mirthful eyes twinkling under the sky full of stars. Cape flowing from behind him, akin to how the darkness cloaks the world when night comes.

The boy, now given his purpose gave the lass a woeful smile. Heartbeat thudding against it's cage as they danced upon the clouds created by brush strokes and fleeting wants of resolution. Luminance of the stars illuminated them, while the carriage of the lass's fate decended ever so slowly upon the sky.

“Stay, by my side.” the damsel voiced. Lips moving in sync with her words before forming a smile so sickeningly sweet “Instead of having us caged in this world full of lies, come with me, stay by my side where reality resides.”

“Because, even though I have such a short span of time left. I still want to go back, with you by my side.”

Her hands came up to caress his cheeks, stroking so softly, gently and carefully, roseate eyes meeting his Amber ones. Filled with so much adoration that made the callant want to pull back with a yelp.

“I want to spend the remaining life on reality, with you by my side, Hanako-kun.”

Hanako's eyes flickered— unshed tears threatening to roll down his cheeks— lips pursing while he tightened his hands against here, refusing to let go.”

“Yes, it's not that I don't care about what will happen to me, but rather reality is fading and summer isn't coming.”

She pulls him, tugging placately, cutting off the distance fully.

“I want to close my eyes, and breathe in the summer air. I want to feel the wind blowing through my hair, and selfishly just stare up at the blue sky with you by my side.”

Yashiro places her forehead against his. Smiling sheepishly with red tinting her cheeks. The boy laughs, letting his tears pour down, closing his eyes and tightens his hold on the girl's soft hands as he vows.

“I'll stay by your side,”

“I'll change whatever the future holds.”

𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘪𝘵 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵, 𝘴𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘺?

The lad hugged the still body close to him, silently weeping as he tried to chase the warmth that once resided on her now cold being.

“I guess, maybe I've always been hoping for some Hitchcock— that suspense from a movie,,”

He emptily laughed, head raised; staring at the stars that was scattered across the vast firmament.

“Is it selfish of me to just really want, to save you from the fate I once chose?”