TRANSIENT

TRANSIENT
penned by : dem

                     𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭,
                     𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠
                     𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠,
                     𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠,
                     𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠
                     𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞
                     𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭
                     𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮.

                           _ _

Sometimes, Kou thinks if his weakness is a form of curse; or is it a form of disease he's defected with since the day he was born? The mere thought of having his brother defend him whenever his parents would tell him how ‘Minamoto's shan't shy away from anything’, that ‘A Minamoto isn't supposed to be as weak as you are.’

How he would place his warm, calloused hands on his ears — ; as if to cut off the words that had every syllables of it already tattooed on his mind. He appreciate Teru's help though. And to appease the unease of his brother, he'd tug at the cuffs of his sleeves; look up at him with big, round eyes and ask ; “What did Mom and Dad say?”

“Ignorance is bliss.” the older would whisper with a smile so forced, pat his head and tug him away from the place they previously stood at.

The irony. ‘Ignorance is bliss, huh?’

His chest felt constricted.

—————

“Nii-chan,” he called one night. With Teru tucking him to bed and kissing his bandaged forehead goodnight. The older peered down at him from the dark, but Kou can tell he have that small, upturn of lips again. Comforting and lulling, containing that kind of serenity that'll ease him whenever he'd cry every night because of nightmares— of killing spirits and there's a lot of blood and he's scared.

“How does it feel like to be needed?”

“Why would you ask that, Kou?” Kou can make out how Teru arched his brows and how his smile slowly turned into a frown, looking bothered and conceited. So he immediately sputtered excuses, although sounding to disarray to be even coherent. “I was just wondering, of course!”

He sits up from his place, the blanket that was earlier up to his chin falling languidly down his lap— smiling toothily, albeit a bit too tight, at the older.

“And because someday, I wanna be needed like how I—”

‘always need your aid whenever father and mother says those things to me.’

“Kou?” the blond snapped out of his daze, turning and noticing his older brother's worried look by the help of the moonlight that seeped through the cracks of the curtain. “Ah, I fell asleep.” and excuse “Goo'dnight nii-chan.”

He hears a click after that. And the waterworks on his eyes began to do it's duty.

‘I wanna be someone who'll one day be needed the most.’

——————

“What do you mean senpai's—” out of breath, horrified, quaking. His voice sounded too broken, looking at Yashiro, Yashiro-senpai on Hanako's hold. Still and unmoving, cold and not breathing. Kou's frozen on his place, a hand clinging to his Raiteijou for dear life all while his mind focused on trying to hold his weight up— trying not to let his knees buckle, although he most likely half succeeded.