Ch. 24

Vivian and Jordan head back over to Orlando's, boxes and tape in hand. The plan is for Jordan to start with Lex's room and Vivian will start with getting her stuff packed.

They arrive not expecting Orlando to be there, Vivian thought he told her to come back with Jordan in two hours because he wouldn't be there. But that's not at all what he meant. Orlando is at home, cooking steaks on the grill. Maggie's making a salad in the kitchen.

"Oh gosh, Orlando I thought you'd be gone, isn't that why you told me to come back in two hours, and to bring Jordan?

"No I was inviting you both over to get you packed and to eat dinner. Hey Jordan, how's it going? It's good to see you again." Orlando sticks his hand out and Jordan shakes it. "I'm doing okay. Thanks for inviting me so I can help her pack. I really appreciate it."

Vivian's astounded by Orlando's kindness. He truly is a wonderful man. "You two go on up and start packing, I'll let you know when its time to eat. Yell if you need any help."

Vivian hugs Orlando. She's thankful he's being so gracious. Most men wouldn't be. But Orlando isn't most men.

Vivian and Jordan head upstairs, she shows him where Lex's room is and she heads into Orlando's room. She takes a couple of boxes and packs them with her clothes, shoes, and purses. She hadn't really gotten anything for this house, it was fully furnished when she moved in. The only stuff they bought together was the kids furniture in their rooms. Vivian walks around the room looking at all the photos they had put up. She comes to one of her favorite photos, it's Jordan, Vivian and Orlando, it was taken during filming in Boston. What a great day that had been. She and Jordan were still together then. She had made a joke about getting a picture with her two husbands when the picture was being taken. Both Jordan and Orlando have the biggest smiles on their faces from laughing so hard. Little did any of them know then what the future held for them.

"That's always been one of my favorite pictures." Vivian hadn't even heard Orlando come up behind her. "Yeah, mine too." She hands the photo to Orlando, but he looks at it and says "You keep it if you want it. But can you send me a copy?"

"Thank you Lando. And yes I'll definitely send you a copy."

"Is there anything else you want?" They walk through the room together looking at all the memories they had made together. Pictures of them when they got married, of them on their honeymoon, at Christmas with the twins. "No I think I have all these pictures in that album by my nightstand."

She picks it up and sits on the bed. Orlando sits next to her. They open the book filled with the years they'd been together. Jordan stands in the doorway watching them laugh and reminisce. He would have thought he'd feel differently seeing them like this. Jealous or angry, but he only feels relief. Relief that Orlando had treated her so well. Relief that he was continuing to treat her well. He knew it meant a lot to her that he be happy. And he knew he'd never be able to repay Orlando for his kindness to him today. Jordan has to admit to himself, he's a little in awe of Orlando Bloom right now. Maybe he's not such a British prick after all.

Orlando looks up first and sees Jordan. "Hey man, come on in here. We were just looking at these crazy pictures of the twins from one Halloween." Jordan's not sure about sitting in on their walk down memory lane. But his curiosity gets the better of him since the twins are mentioned. He sits next to Vivian, and looks at the photos of his kids dressed up like what he thinks looks like Garbage Pail Kids. "Are they Garbage Pail kids?"

Orlando laughs, "Yeah they found some of my cards that I kept from when I was a kid. They loved them, so they each picked their favorite one and we made them costumes that year." Jordan can't help but laugh, even when he sees that Vivian and Orlando also dressed up like that too. When they turn the page and he sees the family picture of all of them he realizes that Orlando didn't just marry Vivian, he'd married her kids too. He loves the twins. Jordan feels bad, like he's taking the twins away from him. "Hey Orlando, we're all going to be living out here, and anytime you want to hang out with the kids, you're more than welcome to. And you'll always be welcomed at our house. Thank you for being so great to the kids. I know they love you a lot."

Vivian is so proud of Jordan. She knows that took a lot for him to say. But she's most proud of him because she knows he means it.

Orlando is surprised by what Jordan said to him. "Thank you Jordan, I really appreciate it. That means a lot to me. You've got some pretty amazing kids. And my God the voice on Layla, she has to get it from you, cause we know Vivi can't sing."

Jordan laughs, "Ain't that the truth. I haven't been able to get Layla to sing for me. She's being shy about it." Jordan shrugs.

"Your opinion means everything to her Jordan. When I told her I liked her voice, she immediately got freaked out that I heard her. Then all she could talk about was how great you were and how she wasn't near as good as you. And then she talked for an hour about how you got your start and how you sang to her mom when you first met. And she said you never accepted anything less than perfection when you sang. So until she was perfect she wouldn't be singing for anyone. But I'm telling you, that girls something special."

Jordan was beginning to see Orlando in a whole new light. It was nice to look at these pictures and see how happy his kids had been with Orlando. And Jordan's really glad Orlando isn't going anywhere, he'd hate to take that away from the twins.

Jordan grabs a few boxes and goes into Layla's room. Leaving Vivian and Orlando to sort through the life they had shared, alone.

Dinner is delicious. The conversation was funny and at times emotional. They all talk and laugh. Jordan and Vivian sit across from Orlando and Maggie. There's never a dull or uncomfortable moment. Not even for newcomer Maggie. Vivian sees real chemistry between her and Orlando. It warms her heart, she thinks maybe Maggie could be the one for him. It makes Vivian feel better that he might not be alone long.

Jordan hangs out downstairs while Vivian packs up Layla's room. Vivian doesn't want Jordan going through all Layla's stuff. She'd be horrified if she heard her father saw her personal female things. Vivian does find a small photo album in the nightstand next to the bed. It's filled with pictures of her and Jordan. Her very favorite picture of her and Jordan is the first picture. Vivian sitting in front of a fire, Jordan sitting facing her, both of them have the biggest smiles on their faces. It was taken just moments after they'd met. Vivian smiles. Her whole life had changed the moment she was introduced to Jordan Knight. She still believes meeting him was the best thing that ever happened to her. And they are finally getting back where they belong.

Together.