Chapter 8

"And all the things that we dream about
They don't mean what they did before
I just wanna get back to us
'Cause we used to have more
Why does it feel like we're missing out?
Like I'm standing behind the door
I just wanna get back to us
'Cause we used to have more"

When Derek and Amy get home, Amy decides to do some laundry. Unfortunately they don't have an in suite washer and dryer so she gathers her and Derek's stuff and makes her way to the laundromat. Derek is going to make dinner for them while she is gone.

She pops their stuff into the machine and sits back to wait for it to be finished. Amy brought a book with her to read. She begins reading and hears her phone beep for a new email.

Dear Amy,

I spent my day off flying from Seattle to Sacramento and then going to my hotel to sleep. I'm not used to staying up all night either and I'm still playing catch-up.

What did his mom do that upset you?

Amy, do you follow me on Instagram???

Harry

Amy's not sure she's ready to tell anyone why what Jane said upset her. Only Derek knows. She wants to keep it that way for now.

Dear Harry,

She didn't mean to upset me. She just doesn't think before she speaks sometimes.

Why do you want to know if I follow you on Instagram?

Amy

She sends the message and right away gets a notification on Instagram. She clicks on it. It's a friend request from Harry. She thinks about it for less time than she would care to admit and hits accept. Immediately he sends her a picture message.

Amy smiles and blushes and then blushes even harder because she is blushing

Amy smiles and blushes and then blushes even harder because she is blushing. She isn't sure what she should send back to him, if anything at all. She realizes that the problem with Instagram is he can tell that she has opened the message. She moves her hair and her sunglasses and takes a picture and sends it back.