:.A choice.:

(And now, here is the next chapter to this. Thank you for being patient everyone, I really do appreciate it! It is about this point in the story where the Reader and Sans will be getting more attention towards their relationship. It took awhile, but this is a slow burn... so yeah aha.)

---(Y/n)'s Pov---

We must of walked for a good ten minutes, my boots were clicking against the rocky surface of the cavern. You'd think that everyone could hear my echoing footsteps, but it seemed impossible over the constant dripping and distant sounds of water.

As Flowey promised, we eventually  came across Sans' sentry station... however, he wasn't sitting there. Taking it as a stroke of luck, I decided to pass by it. "He should of been here..."

"Heya, bucko. Leaving so soon?"

Turning around on my heels, I saw him. Sans was sitting in the chair of his station with one arm resting on the wooden table and a knuckle pressed against the side of his skull. His single crimson eye was half lidded, almost taunting me to move another step forward. "Heh. It's rude to leave before dinner, don't ya think?"

"I didn't have the stomach for it." I explained. Deciding to slowly walk away, I froze in place once I heard the sound of him taking out a paper, followed by him reading something-

"Entry 1. I find myself in a place that is completely different from my own expectations. After coming here to complete a job, I have learned that Monsters in the Underground have lost themselves to hunger and starvation. I'll have to take a closer look at their diet to understand the reasoning behind their consumption considering the fact that they would of probably had enough Souls to escape by now."

My head snapped towards him, but he didn't stop reading what I wrote on the back of that page. In fact, him knowing how to read that font was... unexplainable to me.

"Entry 2. I believe that I have broken down the fundamentals of their preferences for Human flesh rather an escape. Monsters require a magical form of sustenance to survive. Such a thing was usually fueled by the energy provided by the Core... but now... it seems as though the body wouldn't give the same magical quantity of their own food unless they allowed the SOUL to remain intact. Removing the SOUL would only diminish the quantity of energy within the meat of the body, rendering it nothing more than useless to the digestion of a Monster."

"Let's go now... hurry!" Flowey insisted. However, I was frozen in place. Sans had used his magic to barricade my exit with sharp bloody bones. In fact, he was smirking with a sense of humor over this situation.

"Entry 3. I cannot read this font. Without Flowey here by my side to provide assistance, I am incapable of completing this puzzle. Perhaps I am not as determined as the seventh that caused all this strife. Regardless, I do not have to worry about their interference during my task. With how unstable the Core became over the course of their resetting, they immediately lost their hold on that ability during their neutral escape. It seems that the Core couldn't provide sufficient energy anymore for the use of RESET... especially since it's energy wasn't given a reset during each run... Once I finish this, I will make a few changes to prevent a Human from repeating such an issue."

My eyes were heavily shadowed over by my (H/c) hair. Perhaps I should of paid more attention to Sans... especially since Gaster wanted to keep him as a 'surprise'. Although, I thought that the concept of a surprise was to keep it exciting... what a pain. He was unpredictable. "So what now, hmm?"

"Well... heh. Now you're gonna tell me what you're doing down here." He said deeply. His sharpened fingers started scratching at the interior of his eye while his opposite hand resumed his signature tapping. It kept me on edge, and he was probably using that as a tactic to judge me. Though... what did I have to lose?