Akkala Citadel

"And to think that the divine beasts were functioning 10,000 years ago was simply baffling enough,  but its how they made it!"

Link was slumped over his horse as he listened to Zelda get excited over the book she was reading. They were now travelling to the citadel to check how the construction was going.

"I mean, if this was 10,000 years ago, what could we make now?" She asked.

"Watches..." Link muttered as he held up his right hand.

"It seems that we are still using the same energy they used." Zelda continued, oblivious to Link's boredom, "Oh! There's just so much potential!"

She riffled through the pages of the book and eagerly dug her nose into it. Link wondered if she'd be that excited about a book made about himself. Maybe he'd write one and gift it to her. He was sure that she'd like it. Who wouldn't?

"Perhaps we can make some improvements to the divine beasts." Zelda said, "Just think of the possibilities!"

"Perhaps they could have an in-built kitchen?" Link replied.

"That's all you have on your mind: food." Zelda cried indignantly, "Food this. Food that. Food, food, food!"

"Food is yummy." He shrugged.

"Food is food!" The Queen exclaimed, "It'd be a miracle if I could get you to love me the same way you love food..."

Link cocked his head to one side. It would be a miracle. Food meant a lot to him, so it would be useless to compete against it. Then again, Zelda was probably the top contender...

"Do you think they'll have any food at the citadel?" Link asked after a while.

"How should I know?"

"Aren't you supposed to be all-seeing or something?"

"Aren't you supposed to be courageous?"

Link opened his mouth to retaliate, then thought against it. She had a point. He barely had any courage. Perhaps he used it all up on defeating Ganon, and now, there was none left for the more important things.

"Are you ok?" Zelda asked after while.

"Why shouldn't I be?"

"You normally come out with a rude retaliation." She stated, "But this time you just stay silent."

"Maybe I just don't want to waste my breath talking to you." Link replied with a smirk.

Zelda smiled at him fondly. To think that this was the very same person who was given the task to protect her life one hundred years ago.  Back then, he was silent, and only focused on doing his job, but now it was the complete opposite. She liked it. Link really was great company, even if he was incredibly annoying.

As they neared the citadel, Zelda could hear the bustle of construction work, which consisted of clanging metal, and orders being shouted at each other. The bridge connecting the pathway tot he citadel had been fixed, so Zelda and Link could bring their horses across.

"Ah, Your Majesty!"

A burly construction worker hurried over to the travellers as they dismounted their horses.

"Good day." Zelda replied, "We're just here to check on the construction."

"Well, as you can see, we're practically done." The worker replied, "We've had to build around that darn Sheikah tower, though."

"What's actually been done?" Link asked.

"Well, General, we've reinforced the defense, made some quarters for the soldiers to sleep in, added a watch tower, built a weapons room and some other things that you'll probably find useful when you station your men here."