Chapter 6- Red Pov

Now Sarge like to think he was a man of few words, but he knew better. He been in the military longer than any man in recorded history. He knew they wanted him gone, but he always seem to do something that was worthy for him to stay a few more years. Especially considering this war with the Covenant. But what he didn't expect was getting a message from Doctor Halsey of all people.

"Greetings Sarge, Utah's been a while hasn't it?" She asked him.

"Would say so ma'am. 'Been 5 years since I left the ODST. Figured I might as well try for calmer military life that didn't involve paper cuts." He joked.

"I do hope you're enjoying yourself, no one else can claim that they worked in the army for 75 years straight. Much less the ODST."

"While I am flattered ma'am, but I highly doubt that you called me here to catch up with each other."

She sighs. "Intuitive as always. I guess you have noticed then?"

"Hmm, I don't believe I do."

She sighs again. "Have you notice getting headaches around 17:11?"

"... Everyone in the UNSC is getting them to huh?"

"Not just us, but the covenant is also experiencing these headaches, but much more disabling. As such, we have begun planning our attacks around that time."

"Let me guess, it's being caused by an anomaly that's somehow is connected to blood gulch?" He said sarcastically.

"Yes."

"Wait, really? I was being sarcastic, that's what really happening?!"

"While I would usually come over to personally to solve this anomaly, I cannot due to my current need to finish up research here on Reach. I believe I have made a break through."

"Let me guess, can't talk over 'comms?"

She sighs, "As cliche as it is, you are correct. After I'm done with my research here, I will come over to investigate the anomaly. Though it will take me 3 months. To finish everything. I shall meet you in 3 months from now."

"Alright, see you then.

~~~~~

"Well... I'm fucking bored. Also, my arms are getting tired from holding this flag. Where are my other teammates? Ugh. The only thing of interest that has happened was the daily headache he got and a portal opening up to drop out a battle droid from Star Wars. Lopez looked at it for a second, then just picked it up and just went back in the base with it. Did he know this would happen? I don't know. I just so bored just standing here." Donut monologue to himself. Why, because there's nothing better to do.

He then saw his teammates run up the ramp to the base.

"What happened?"

"Big... Tank... Shooting... Whooooh!" Grif said, out of breath.

"Damn, man, we only ran like three hundred feet. You are really out of shape." Simmons said to Grif.

"Fuck... You..." Grif replied.

"What happened to the car?" Donut asked.

"General Patton here had a great strategy to leave it behind." Simmons said sarcastically.

"How was I... supposed... to know... they had... a fucking... tank." Grif said to Simmons.

"You lost the jeep? Oh man, the Sargent is gonna be pissed. Where is it?" Donut asked.

An explosion went off. The warthog then landed right next to Donut.

"What the hell?" Grif said just as an explosion rock the base.

"Holy crap! What the hell is that thing?" Donut asked in fright as he hid behind cover.

"That's the tank!" Grif shouted.

"...This is not how I thought my first day here would go."

"Now, is NOT the time for that rookie!" Grif yelled as another explosion rocked the base.

"I have a name you know, it's Donut." Donut said to Grif.

"Are we really doing this right now?"

"Hey, this day might be my last, I want you guys to at least know my name before I die."

Then there was a call on the radio. It was from Sarge.

"Blood Gulch Outpost Number One. Come in, Blood Gulch Outpost, come in. Do you read me? This is Sargeant-"

"Sir, can you hear us, we help desperately sir." Simmons said frantically over the comms as a shell wizzes by his head into the head just barely missing them.

"Understood. What seems to be the situation?"

"The Blues have brought a tank, we could really use some air support!"

"The hell you do to make them bring a tank? What, did you do to make them angry? Did you steal their ice cream maker or something?" He asked.

"Will you just help us already!" Grif shouted as another shell hit the base.

"... My ETA is one minute hold tight 'till boys." Sarge answered. "After this is over, I expect some answers."

"Copy that Sarge. Over and out." Simmons said as Sarge cut the line. He then looks over to Grif.

"What?"

"You are going to be in so much trouble." Simmons said.

"With the Jeep, or shouting at him?"

"Both."

A/N Wow this took longer than I thought. Then again, I have been focusing on a lot of other things lately. I have been considering how I want to tackle Venom being with Caboose. I won't spoil when they meet, but I have been considering if I should just stick with the main canon with slight deviations, or just my own focus plot while loosely following canon.

This chapter was me trying to balance the two. I have finally decided to just stick with the main plot making deviations where I want. I know that's what other writers usually do, but I have really been wanting to make this story as good as possible so you guys can enjoy it.

I ended up with a lot of cut content for this story because of that. So I am just going to ask if you want to see it. Though I will have it in a entirely separate book because I don't think you want to see that in this book. Let me know.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Goodbye.