Chapter 4: Witch Eyed Boy

Witches is a term used for a person with two eye colors. It was unnatural and almost every person with the eyes have obtained special abilities like the ones Royals have gained. Witches must be burned the second they portray magical abilities. They are not like regular humans, more like creatures beyond human structure. They can survive hanging, beheadings, even poison, but not burning. It burns the magic from their cells, being it is the only thing that makes them magical.

Witches that use Fire magic are a different story.

(This chapter has sexist themes such as women not being able to learn fighting techniques or getting dirty. That's all for now.)

The event ended and Tatami showed the royals to their bedrooms. Queen Emi knew exactly where her room was because it never changed.
Princess Nejire, a new noble, was excited. She hadn't been around young people her age in so long, this was refreshing for her.

The Lord and Lady had no idea what was going on. Rumi was beautiful but she definitely wasn't the smartest. Her husband, a wise man was still only twenty two and he acted like a child.

Momo was ordered to take Shoto around the palace while Yo walked with Tatami. The princess had never met the boy before but she definitely believed she knew him from somewhere.

"I mean, I could show you outside since we've gobe everywhere around the Shindou's palace."

"That's cool."

"I don't know my way too well, find me if I get lost!" She giggled, trying to make a joke. Her giggle turned to a nervous laugh, then stopped.

Momo started thinking this kid would be just like his father. A total piece of-

"Princess, you're just standing there." He interrupted. He was only taller than her by an inch but the way he stood in front of her made her feel like he was towering over her.

"I can show you the stables as well if you'd like. I've been practicing archery and I've wanted to use a horse and attempt hitting a target." Momo realized how random she was. She sounded like her attention span was as tiny as a gold fishes. "That was random. You must think I'm nothing but a pawn as well."

"What?"

"Even if I am of royalty, I am still a Lady. A woman is nothing more than a pawn in the eyes of a man, correct?"

"My father may think that, but I do not. I know it's a popular opinion but I disagree. Your body parts should not determine your worth to society." He said, motioning to her chest and hips. He obviously wasn't speaking from a perverted sense as he looked away when he motioned to her body.

"Oh. Well, thank you." Momo blushed.

(The time period this takes place in was very sexist. Bloody Mary of England was the eldest child but she was third in her family to become queen. First her nine year old brother, her cousin I believe, then her because she had Grey beheaded. Status hardly matters in some situations.)

Momo was still thinking about his words. His voice was so smooth, just like honey. It made her forget about the eyes she had once fallen in love with. She had him follow her outside and casually spun around to show her teeth to him.

"Well, here's outside! It's not that nice since there are so many guards but it is usually beautiful when it's just me and my cousin. Oh and Tatami!"

"Who's that?"

"The blonde girl with blue eyes." Momo described her.

"Ok. You and Prince Yo are first cousins?"

"Third actually. My father is related to him through some weird process. All I know is that I'm related to him."

"Oh."

Momo led him into the garden. It was mainly where Queen Ahmya had her guests(fellow Queens and Princesses.) have tea parties at while the men took care of business inside. Some women joined the men's conversation but that was just Princess Nejire, Queen Emi, and a child. Of course, the monarchs that weren't consorts had to attend to a man's business inside. But these tea parties were usually for consorts only. Even consort Kings or princes attended!

The hedges had roses in them, the fountains and bird baths were the only noise. Just the small splash of water.

"This is the garden. I've been here a lot in my past thirteen years of coming here every summer."

"Oh? That's pleasant. Does it have butterflies?"

"You have an obsession with butterflies or something? Your father does."

"No. I'm just curious. My mother has a butterfly collection. She buys framed ones and hangs them in the bedroom." Shoto explained. Momo nodded. As they walked through the garden, they could see Princess Noelle playing with her brother. She had dark hair, brown and curly, green eyes, and a cute smile.

When she saw the Princess, she looked at her feet. Momo looked at the situation and saw that she and her brother, Yazo, were playing with the teacup pigs that were constants in the area. Well to be honest, they stole them from the royal stables.

The pigs were deemed dirty and the princess wasn't supposed to play with them. The prince however was allowed to do as he pleased.

Momo smiled.

Noelle looked up to her and saw her as a mature and strict woman instead of the goofy fifteen year old she was.

"I won't tell your father. Just go wash up and I'll return the pigs to then farms." She spoke in a sweet voice.

She picked up the two teacup pigs and made way to the stables.

"That was nice of you."

"No not really. King Akui is a royal pain so I have to obey him. I just make sure his children don't want to die every second of the day." Momo jokes. He didn't laugh.

"You shouldn't speak like that when Lucifenia is of higher status than Sozo." He advised.

"I'm just saying! King Akui has berated Prince Yo so many times and threatened to strip him of his title because he 'wasn't ready'. He talks about giving the title of King to Yazo or Genji."

"Not Princess Akali?"

"The Princess is a little prick. She has something up her bum every hour of the day. If she's Queen, I'm never returning," Momo joked.

"You really shouldn't say such things."

"Are you going to tattle? I thought so." She tapped his nose and walked away.

"Give me a pig and we can bring them to the stables." He said.

Momo laughed and began the walk to the stables with Shoto. Of course Momo didn't know where the stables were but she'd figure it out.

She hoped-