The 'X'

Eventually, I made it to this 'Confidence Booster Room'. Bold lines painted it's way onto the door, screaming for anyone passing to back away. 'I-Am-Clever-Artie and I-Am-Heroic-Ollie Only'. "I wonder who 'I-Am-Heroic-Ollie is...'" I thought to myself, but then proceeded to brush it off. Fanned out rays of blue caught me by surprise as they shot out against my face, blinding me temporarily. The instructions followed.

Eye Scan. Hand Scan. Friendship Handshake.

A small slot in the door opened to reveal a bright neon blue beam that scanned my eyes. It felt as if someone breathed on your eyes, not pleasant. The slot then reveals a hand outline to scan your handprint. The outline of the hand traced around the ridges of my fingers, notifying acceptance. Lastly, a robotic hand. A handshake? Really? Does this thing expect me to remember a handshake? A sigh left the curve of my lips as I grabbed the cold robotic hand and gave it a firm handshake.

The door went to black. A splash of red covering my vision in the shape of an 'X'.

Underneath a warning read, 'Fail two more times, and it's game over'. My mind was so struck with fear, I didn't realise that I had said it out loud. At the second attempt, I grabbed the hand in a less aggressive manner. The door did the same as before but instead said, 'One last chance, otherwise you get it.' Get 'it'! Get what!? I slammed a palm against the door, making it quiver in urgency.