Chapter 3

Emmi was practically vibrating with a mixture of nervousness and excitement. Friday night was here which meant Diana would be arriving soon to pick her up so they could spend the weekend together. The two had not seen each other since their first meeting several days ago, and though they had texted frequently, the tiny brunette wanted nothing more than to be together in person again.

Their first meeting went incredibly well as, after reading and discussing lists and rules, the two shared pizza and traded questions and answers. Diana had seemed excited at Emmi's confession that she wanted to be as little as possible as often as possible. However, due to the newness of the relationship, they both understood that falling comfortably into the dynamic may take some time.

A buzz from her phone alerted Emmi to a text and brought her out of her thoughts.

Diana: I'm out front. Ready to go?

After quickly typing a reply, the girl checked to make sure she brought everything she needed for the weekend. Several outfits and pajamas, a pacifier and accompanying clip, a bottle, and favorite stuffie were packed neatly inside the overnight bag.

After locking her apartment and heading down the stairs to the outside, Diana was easily spotted leaning against her car.

Emmi had to fight the urge to run as she quickly made her way over to the tall woman.

"Hi" she said shyly.

"Hi, baby. Let me get that bag and we'll be off to my apartment."

Emmi blushed at the nickname before handing over her bag. Diana checked the contents and gave a slight frown.

"Sweetheart, is this all you want to bring? It's up to you if you're feeling little this weekend and want to slip into headspace, but would you like to bring more just in case?"

The small brunette toed the ground nervously as if she was waiting to be reprimanded for her response.

"I...don't h-have anything else" she replied sadly.

The admission broke the black haired woman's heart. She hated to see the girl look so ashamed.

"You aren't in trouble, Emmi" she stated while kneeling down a ways to be at a more equal height. "We can get you more little things. In fact, I think you'll be happy to see some of the things I've purchased over the past several days."

"What things?" Emmi's eyes lit up at the thought of receiving some type of gifts.

The excitement that shown in the little girl's eyes caused the older woman to chuckle.

"I guess you'll have to see when we get home! Now, in you go. Can you be a big girl and sit in the back for me? We don't have your car seat just yet, but I'd feel much better if you sat there."

The tiny girl nodded shyly as she was helped into the car and buckled into the seat.

After getting into the driver's seat, Diana turned around to smile at her backseat companion before pulling onto the road.

Diana carried the overnight bag up the stairs to her apartment; making sure to hold the door open for Emmi.

"Baby, do you remember what I said earlier about the things I got you? Why don't you go look in the spare room and see what's there."

The brunette excitedly made her way towards the hallway before turning to look at which door her girlfriend was pointing at.

She pushed open the door to reveal what appeared to be a nursery. The walls were painted a dark blue and grey with a large wooden crib placed along the back wall. A toy box sat adjacent to the crib along with a large dresser. A small bookshelf was placed against the wall next to the door with several stuffies on top.

As the girl stood in awe of the room before her, she wasn't even aware of the presence behind her

"Do you like it?" Diana asked hopefully; albeit a bit nervously. She placed the overnight bag next to the doorway. "I'm sorry if it's too much too soon but...if we're doing this then I want to be all in, you know?"

Emmi started to tear up causing the other woman to wrap her arms around her.

"Th-thank you s-so much. I l-love it."

"You're very welcome, sweetheart. This is your room so I want you to be comfortable. If you want to add or change anything, that's fine."

"No it's perfect! So perfect!" She shook her head side-to-side vigorously to accentuate her point.

"In the dresser there's a couple onesies and footed sleepers I picked out for you; along with diapers, wipes, and powder in the bottom drawer. The toy box has all kinds of things from the infant to one year old range, and there's baby books and stuffies on the bookshelf here."

The woman looked over near the crib before walking to pick up a shoulder bag leaned against it.

"Oh! And this is a diaper bag for when we go out. There's a couple pacifiers and clips, diaper items of course, an extra outfit, and a pocket to hold sippy cups."

Diana looked thoughtful for a moment before continuing

"Speaking of which, a few bottles and other sippy cups, along with some little plates and bowls, are already in my kitchen cabinet."

Emmi felt overwhelmed in the best way. She could feel more tears coming to her eyes as she rushed over to once again hug her caregiver.

"This is t-too much. You didn't have to d-do all of this f-for me."

The woman lifted her little one's chin up so they could look each other in the eye.

"You're my little girl. This is all for you and you deserve it."

With this, Diana placed a quick kiss on the brunette's forehead before walking back to the nursery door.

"Why don't you look around your room for a little bit, okay? I'm going to start making something for dinner. How does chicken, rice, and broccoli sound?"

"That sounds amazing" Emmi said sincerely as she turned around to take in her room.