Chapter 40

It's been a week since the trials have ended and Efren was eating breakfast as he was ready to go to the castle to get his title of a knight. Once he had finished he put on his boots, and began heading to the castle. As he stopped in front of the castle and looked up to see guards with spears waiting on the entrance.

Efren walked towards them and went into the main hall of the castle, and saw that many parents and guards along with minstrels playing music. Efren looked to his side and saw Violet run up to him and jumped onto him making him hold on to her. "I missed you!" She said and hugged him tighter. Efren felt like his breath was leaving his body by the strength of her hug "V-Violet...I can't breathe" he said. "Well if it ain't my mate that saved my ass in the trials" Charlie walked from behind him with a big smile.

Victoria walked beside Charlie and flicked Efren's forehead "Good grief you really are unaware of what she feels" she told him. "Seriously mate how are you so blind?" Charlie told asked him as he sighed in frustration. "What are you guys talking abo-" Efren heard a crack somewhere around his body. "Oh sorry hehe I think I cracked your back" Violet said shyly while she laughed awkwardly. Efren fell on the floor trying to get through the pain while he tried getting back up. "I guess she isn't ready to admit it to him, either way he's to naive to understand the situation" Victoria told Charlie.

"Hey there you guys are!" Hagrid yelled in the distance as he and Sophie walked towards them. "Hey Sophie and hey Hagrid how have you guys been since last week?" Violet asked them while she helped Efren get back up. "We've been great, no fingers here bought me a rose and took out for dinner the other day" Sophie told them as Hagrid looked at her in concern. Charlie laughed and pointed at him "She called you 'no fingers' " he said and Hagrid only raised his eyebrow. "You got to admit that was pretty funny" Violet told Hagrid as he only sighed and looked annoyed. "Alright fine it was funny, she's just lucky I love her" He said while he pinched her waist and she gasped.

Efren looked around and called everyone "Guys look the ceremony is about to start" he pointed out as princess Nikka came to the ceremony center. "Now if everyone would please sit down and all students please stay standing and line up by name" She requested. All the students began lining up and the minstrels began playing music as the princess began giving out their titles and the names they'll be known as. As Efren waited he heard his friends names being called and smiled. "Violet of the purple flame" "Victoria the iron Fist" "Charlie the lucky prankster" "Hagrid Golden Heritage" Princess Nikka called all their names and she had finally called his name.

"Efren The Mighty Taco, you're name as a knight starting today shall be known as The Mighty Taco. And as the grandson of Elran and the one to defeat The Snake King I grant you this medal of breviary" She told him while she put the medal on him. "Thank you for never leaving anyone behind and for trying your best to save everyone you saw was in trouble. You make us proud and to have an honor to have you part of the knights, but further more please take a seat now" She told him. Efren walked to his friends with a smile and soon ran to them hugging them. "Well if it isn't our Mighty Taco, not the most serious name but it's yours and you're the one who'll always have it" Violet told him.

"Oi mate you really do make us all proud, and I still can't thank ya enough for saving me back in the trials" Charlie told him. "Me either,  you saved me and Violet from the weirdo from the trials" Hagrid told him. "I'm also in your debt for not leaving me behind after my arm was ripped off" Victoria told him. "Alright you guys I get it that you guys can't thank me enough" Efren told him nervously with rosy cheeks. "How about we go out to eat and you guys can just buy me tacos. That's all that way you won't have to say your in my debt" Efren suggested. "But mate we wa-" Efren interrupted Charlie "No buts Charlie because really you guys being here for me and being my friends is already thank you enough" He said joyfully. "Now let's wait for the ceremony to end and we'll go eat something" He told them.

After a few hours the ceremony finally ended and they all went to go get something to eat. As they all were eating Efren was looking at his food. "What's wrong?" Violet asked him. "Nothing I'm just glad that we all got to be what we wanted not only that. I'm real happy that I met all of you guys! I just wonder what new adventures or journeys we'll have!" He said happily as he began eating.

Once they all ate and headed back to their homes. Efren layed in his bed looking at the ceiling and thought to himself "I can't shake this feeling...but it feels like something big is heading towards this kingdom. But I'll be here to protect everyone and all my friends". He slowly closed his eyes and fell asleep with the hope that whatever is coming he'll be able to stop it.

After Efren or better known as The Mighty Taco went to the trials, he made new friends and became what he dreamed of, but with a new purpose and it was to protect everyone he held dearly in his heart. This is the beginning of The Mighty Taco's story and only the start of what he'll face in his near future.