|heart-shaped box • tate langdon|

first imagine of our adorable psychopath, tate!

make sure to vote and comment! requests are open as well :)

•••

"Mom!" I exclaimed in shock. "There's no way we could have afforded this."

She grinned at me with pride, a glint of happiness shining in her eyes. I couldn't help the smile that grew on my face from her expression. She really deserved this.

Ever since my father died, it was just the both of us. It was hard at first, but we both got the hang of things fairly quickly.

"Turns out, the house market has been going pretty downhill recently." She spoke, picking up two large boxes that laid on the freshly cut grass. "Which means that the price of this house is a lot more cheaper compared to the smaller ones!"

I nodded my head, picking up a box full of my bedroom decorations. Walking through the gate and down the sidewalk, my eyes caught a glimpse of a figure in one of the windows.

I froze for a moment, blinking my eyes to make sure what I was seeing was real. But sadly, there was nothing.

Maybe I'm just nervous about moving? It is an old mansion after all.

Walking into the house, I widened my eyes immediately. It was ginormous. Nothing compared to my old, smaller house.

Everything about this place screamed 'money', something that we most definitely don't have. It was beautiful, but it could never compare to the amount of memories we had made at the other house.

This would take a lot of getting used to.

"Alright, I think we have most of the boxes inside already." My mom sighed. She brushed her hands on her washed out jeans, something she did when she was overwhelmed.

"Are you sure the movers brought everything? I really don't want to leave anything behind."
I spoke, my eyes wandering up the large staircase.

My mind drifted back to the figure I saw in the window. What if there was someone upstairs? I wouldn't be surprised, this house is literally the size of a school building.

"Is my stuff already in my room?"

"Mhmm." My mom hummed in response, too busy studying the size of our new kitchen.

Sighing, I picked up my boxes and descended up the stairs. I kept an eye open, making sure that I was the only one on the second floor.

Once I stepped into my room, I immediately smiled. It was large and spacious, just waiting for me to hang my posters on the walls and fill it with my belongings.

My bed was already made, courtesy of the movers, and I plopped my self on it. As I laid on the mattress, I stared at the ceiling, getting lost in my thoughts.

Everything felt surreal. This all felt so new to me and I wasn't sure how to emotionally deal with it.

I hope this house will be a new start for me and my mom, but something tells me that's not the case. When I walked in, I had felt a pair of eyes on me. And they weren't my mothers.

"It's okay, (Y/n). Everything will be fine, your safe." I whispered, hoping to calm my anxious nerves.

"Not really. This house is the exact opposite actually."

My body froze, fear paralyzing me. I knew there was someone else here, why had I not listened to my gut?

I debated on staying frozen, or getting up and making a run for it. As my breath became ragged from anxiety and adrenaline, I peered towards the door of my room. There was definitely someone standing there, and I was not imaging it this time.

"W-What?"

A boy leaned against the door frame, his arms crossed over his chest. His floppy blonde hair covered some of his face, making him appear to be the 'boy next door'.

But there was something in his expression that told me otherwise. A smirk was on his handsome face, his eyes gazing timidly at me.

"Never mind." The stranger shrugged. He obviously did not seem to notice that I was frightened by him, not at all caring about his intruding presence.

"Excuse me." I began, sitting up from my laying position. "What the hell do you think your doing in my house? In my room?"

The boy huffed in response, not giving me a straight answer. He walked around the room, shuffling through the boxes that were already opened.

I stared at him in shock. What was he on? I was too scared to do anything, but much more interested as to why he was here.

Keeping a close eye on him, I moved to a better sitting position. Just in case I had to make a run for it.

He noticed as his sharp gaze shifted towards me. He stared at me for a few seconds, studying what my next move might be. My eyes were wide with anticipation, wondering what his reaction would be.

"Oh, look at these." He snickered. Taking his arm out of one of the boxes, a pair of my lace underwear dangled from his outstretched finger. "I wonder how good these look like on."

I gasped in horror, a bright blush blooming on my heated cheeks. Rushing to the stranger, I snatched the underwear from his hand, shoving it into the box again.

"You can't do that!" I huffed.

My heart was beating fast in my chest, butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I hadn't realized just how attractive he was when I wasn't this close to him.

"Why not?" He asked moodily.

"Your kidding right? I don't know you, that's why." I stared at him dumbfounded.

He furrowed his eyebrows in thought. Brushing a hand through his blonde curls, he groaned in annoyance. His eyes met mine again as he grinned widely.

He stretched his hand out, waiting for me to take it. Hesitantly grasping his larger hand, I returned the gesture as he softly shook it.

"I'm Tate by the way. The boy next door." He beamed, his dimples showing on his pale skin.

I couldn't help the flutter of my heart at his words. Why was he being so sweet? He was acting so carefree, even though he technically broke into my house.

"(Y/n)."

His grin became wider after I spoke. I noticed his brown eyes twinkle with admiration as they gazed at my eyes, then my lips.

"Well, (Y/n)." Tate began while licking his lips, his eyes still on mine. "I hope next time I'm in your room, I'm invited in. I'd really like to see what those pretty little panties look like on you."