|dumb • tate langdon|

hi! not sure if i should end this book or not, i don't think anyone is really into ahs anymore :(

anyways, if you want a request, there open!!

enjoy :)

•••

"Why can't we just hang out somewhere besides your house?" You questioned.

Tate sat criss-crossed across from you on his bed, slouching as he held his head up with his hand.

He was playing with a strand on his blanket that had come undone, his eyes not fully meeting yours.

"Because I like it here." Tate muttered.

That was always his response. He never gave you what you were needing to hear. Questions about his life and family were always blown off by a shrug of the shoulder from him.

You often found yourself wandering through the various halls of the large house, eyes open for any picture or clue that could give you some sort of answer.

"Tate..." You sighed, running a hand through your hair in an attempt to calm yourself. "I've had enough of this. I'm sorry, but I don't think I can do this anymore."

His head snapped up immediately. There was terror written on his face, his eyes widened with fear of losing you.

"What?" He whispered.

"I don't think we can be together anymore." You spoke slowly, noticing how his expression seemed angry almost. "We never do anything together, Tate. You won't tell me about your life or your family, and your always hiding things from me-"

"I can show you them!" He quickly cut in.

He scooted closer to you, his hands reaching to grab yours, but you pulled them away before he could. He furrowed his eyebrows, closing his eyes in anguish.

"Please don't go. I need you." He spoke softly, a lone tear falling down his pale cheek.

"Your different now, Tate. Your darker. Dangerous. I don't know who you are anymore." You replied brokenly.

You couldn't bare seeing Tate like this. All you wanted was for him to hold you in his arms. Telling you how much he loves you and that everything would be alright.

But it wasn't.

"I-I can show you. You can finally meet them!"

Tate jumped off the bed, taking your smaller hand into his and dragging you out of his room. You had no choice but to oblige, letting him go off on his own tangent.

He ran through the house in various rooms, his eyes wide for any one of his family members.

You could tell he was overwhelmed. His eyes wide and on the brink of tears, his grip on you tight and not willing to let go.

You knew you had to put an end to this once you both made it back to his room. At that point you were out of breath, standing there panting.

Tate seemed fine as he stared at you, looking as if he was debating on kissing or hurting you, you couldn't tell.

But either way, you were frightened. Scared of what was to come.

Knowing Tate has a few mental problems, made you rethink your choice of breaking up with him. You did love him, with all your heart, but you also knew he'd be lost without you.

"(Y/n)... Please don't go." Be pleaded, his big brown eyes boring into yours.

You nodded your head softly, wrapping your arms around him and pulling him close.

You could feel his tense stature soften as you finally touched him. He let out a sigh of relief, his head nuzzling into the crook of your neck.

"I'm not going anywhere, okay. I love you." You whispered as you placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

Tate immediately smiled brightly, as if nothing ever happened.

"I love you too."