II. Incidental

You supposed dreaming was the strangest.

Not that dreams weren't strange in the first place; it was quite odd how a human could simply close his or her eyes and drift off into a world comprised solely of fiction and imagination, simulated by the firing of neurones within one's subconscious.

But as mentioned previously, your mind wasn't one consciousness. Ever since your first migraine, since the incident that had shattered your mind into a thousand different pieces all at once, every shattered part of the mirror that was once your mind had its own dream, its own separate story to tell. So when you went to sleep, it wasn't just one mind that went to sleep. It was the mind that had roamed all of reality whilst you are a twitching mess on the laboratory floor that dreamed and the mind that remained tethered to your vessel.

Here you could gain visuals of what your mind actually saw during your migraines, when it ripped from your ethereal form and was free to wander across all of time and space. Then again, none of this could be real and you might just be tripping out on some very weird narcotics at this given point.

But even then you were certain that even the most refined drugs on this green-blue planet could not possibly cause you to see what you did in your dreams. No, these were so fantastical that there was no other explanation than that they were real, that they were the places scattered throughout space and time that you visited during your migraines.

The most preferred of these places was one that seemed to exist in multiple eras all at once. It reminded you of the way that people in Northern Europe used to dress before fashion was a thing, where they wore robes and dyed garments that seemed to be made out of the bath towel used last week. You would have written them off as a primitive civilisation; it wasn't saying much, you had visited several worlds where many of the intelligent life forms were just beginning to figure out how to use fire. But when looking closer at the way that the life forms carried themselves, they seemed to possess a more in depth and enriched culture than any primitive world would expect.

That's why this place seemed to exist in both the past and the future through how they dressed and carried out their lives, with futuristic technology so advanced that humans today would have written off as magic. You often called this place Tomorrowland because it reminded you of that one movie you had seen a long time ago.

You were sure that this place, this Tomorrowland, was important. You had visited it on numerous occasions, not just visited it, no, you had also felt it during your travels during your migraines. There seemed to be strands of power that expanded from this planet to almost every corner of the universe, or at least nine major sections of it. If there was glue to most of the advanced civilisations, this world seemed to be the source, even for the human world you lived on, though they did not sense it as much as the other worlds did.

You awoke to a rather large crash sounding from opposite your temporary (though the way you had your clothes thrown across the floor made it seem like it was your permanent residence with every passing day). The sound had caught you unawares and a surge of panic manifested itself into a form of physical energy that caused your right hand to flash a deep violet colour.

You mentally swore and the bright electricity that had crackled over your fingers vanished just as quickly as it had come. The purpose of not using your 'Friends without benefits' was to minimise the chances of triggering another migraine. There was a direct correlation between using your abilities and the nasty migraines that often followed.

"Sorry!" Banner shouted an apology from his laboratory that was coincidentally located straight across your room from which your window offered sight into Banner's work shop. Though there was adjustable tinting on your window, provided by Stark, to offer privacy whenever needed, so it wasn't entirely creepy. The unperturbed look on his facial features suggested that Banner had not seen the temporary 'flare up' of your 'Friends without benefits,' which spared escalating the tension of the situation. Though he was perfectly aware of your abilities following the Incident, you still preferred not to use them, not only for the sake of possibly triggering your migraines, but sparing the way that others often looked at you, that you were different.