Chapter Three

"Robert." Chandler shook him awake a little. "Hmm?" Robert groaned, half asleep. "Wake up." Chandler replied.

Robert slowly sat up. He looked around the cabin and began to remember where he was. "Why'd you wake me? I was having a nice dream." He said.

Chandler rolled his eyes "it's time for breakfast. Trust me, you don't want to be late." The two got dressed and began heading to the dining hall.

On the way there Robert bumped into Hollie again. "Oh! Hey! Robert, right?" She said. He nodded.

"Good. I remembered." She giggled. Robert smiles softly. He looked down and noticed her camera. "Oh cool!" He exclaimed. "A Nikon Camera with 3.5G VR Lens!"

"So I take it you like Photography?" She asks with a laugh. "I love it." Robert replied. "What kind of pictures do you take?" She asked. Robert shrugged "All kinds..... But I really love taking pictures of Wildlife. It's in my blood." He said.

They once again got swept up in conversation. Without realizing it; they missed breakfast. A conversation that felt minutes to Robert was actually an hour and a half.

Chandler shook his head at Bindi "those two." He laughed. Bindi giggled and kissed him. "That was us at a point. Talking for hours." She said.

"Those hours felt timeless. Now we're getting married." Chandler said. Bindi bent down. She picked up Robert's picture of Steve. "This must have fallen out of his wallet." She showed Chandler the photo. Then she wiped the dirt off of it. She handed it to him."

Chandler reassured her that Robert would get it back. "Robert. Let's go dude." Chandler said. Robert once again nodded. "I have to go." Robert told her.

"Wait. I don't know your last name.... or your age." Hollie said as Robert started walking away.

He turned quickly. "It's Irwin. Robert Irwin. I'm 16. For now; that's all you need to know." Hollie watched him leave.

She was dumbfounded that he was so blunt. "Robert Irwin.... hm." She said to herself. "Hey Hollie." Bindi said. "You missed breakfast. So I grabbed you an apple."

"Thanks." Hollie said as she took it. Bindi looked concerned. "Are you ok?" She asked. Hollie nodded. "Robert is just so.... mysterious." She replies.

Bindi laughed. "My brother? Mysterious? No. He's just not used to talking to women." Hollie looked at her. "Robert is your brother? So your last name is Irwin?" She asked.

Bindi nodded. "Yes, But not for much longer. I'm getting married soon. So it'll be Powell. I might hyphenate. Not sure yet."

"What can you tell me about him?" Hollie asked. Bindi thought for a moment. She walked as she spoke.

"Well, We lost our dad when Robert was 2. So that really hurt him. He loves Wildlife. People say he looks a lot like dad. I think he looks like mum. Especially as he's gotten older." She told her.

Thinking back to the book she had been reading; Hollie hesitantly asked another question How did your father-?"

"Stingray Barb to the heart." Bindi replied. Hollie pulled her book out. "Is Terri your mum?" She asked.

Bindi nodded.

"I'm sorry I didn't recognize you.... or Robert." She said. Bindi laughed. "Don't be sorry. It was nice to not be recognized right away."

"I need to talk to Robert." Hollie said. Bindi shrugged "good luck." She replied. "Thanks!" Hollie yelled back as she started running.