Chapter 1 What Have You Got Planed Tonight Billy

I ride into the small town of Refuge looking for my friend the young outlaw Billy the Kid to tell him that I am so very sorry for hurting him so long ago in Fort Sumner I asked people there if they have seen him I was older now and I am sick not knowing how much time that I have left but I know that I have to find Billy and make things right before my time is up I found Chavez and his wife Hannah I asked them if they could tell me where Billy was so I could say that I was sorry for what I done to him Hannah gave me a sad look and said Pat you don't that Billy died two years ago of a brain tumor you can find his grave in the grave yard the news that she had gave me had hit me hard like a bullet to the heart I fell to my knees and cried I went to the grave yard and I found Billy's grave I sit down beside his grave and read his favorite book to him and I had found a letter that he had wrote the letter read like this: my friends remember me with smiles and laughter because that is how I will remember y'all but if you have to remember with tears then don't remember me at all your friend Billy Bonney. I sat there and talked to Billy for a long time I asked him what have you got planed tonight Billy? I talked about the fun and good times that we had together then I said it has been two years since you have been gone Billy speaking of time mine is about up just another breath or two and I will be home it will be so good to see you again Billy.