I Like You A Lot

"Babe, Wait, please

"Babe, Wait, please. Syd's lying. I swear to God. Please! She's lying!" Brad shouts as he runs out to the gym after Dina.

Lia looks over to Stanley beside her, who hasn't spoken a word to her since they talked at the lockers. "You're not seriously breaking up with me right now!" Brad yells as Mr. Whitaker walks in.

"Hey! Which one of you punks eats burritos?" He asks. Stanley holds back a chuckle. "All right, I don't know what the hell went on tonight, but I wanna see everyone in my office first thing in the morning!" He shouts, before walking out.

"I offered you a truce, and you fucked it up." Bradley says as he turns to look at Sydney. "This is on you. You remember that."

"Stan, you're doing it wrong." Lia says as she looks down at his Rubix cube. "How can someone do it wrong?" He asks.

"There's a trick to it, dude. You just gotta..." She trails off, taking it from his hand and carefully moving around the colors, until she completes one side.

"See? I got one side. Just use the same pattern and you're done." She grins. "That is so cool." Stanley says in awe. "Maybe Syd's not really good with truces, but... doesn't mean it has to run in the family." Lia holds out her hand.

"Truce?" She offers. Stanley smiles, shaking her hand. "Truce."

Sydney, Stanley, and Lia make it to Stanley's car and sigh. "Okay, So now that I've helped you steal the evidence that would put you in detention for a thousand years, can you two tell me what happened in the library?" Stanley asks.

"No, you'll think we're crazy." Sydney responds. Stanley chuckles. "I mean, to be fair, I've seen you guys move shit with your mind, so crazy feels like a few notches down."

"You can tell me anything. You know that, right?" He smiles.

"We know, Stan." Lia nods. "Stan, the lights were flickering, but it wasn't either of us. I don't know, I—It just felt like someone else was there with us." Sydney begins.

"Well, What do you mean?" Stanley inquires. "I mean, it felt like I was supposed to follow it." Sydney explains.

"Or maybe it was following us." Lia cuts in. "I don't know. We just couldn't make it out." She adds.

"We turned a corner, and it was gone, but there was this feeling, Stan. I swear we weren't alone." Sydney says.

"And that's when disaster struck." Lia concludes. "So... who the hell was it?" Stanley asks.