Confessions

Lia wakes up at around 1:45 in the morning with a sigh

Lia wakes up at around 1:45 in the morning with a sigh. She glances down at Stanley, peacefully passed out on her lap, his cheeks still rosy.

She smiles, before getting up and heading to the bathroom. Just before she manages to go, she hears an odd sound coming from outside the window.

She turns around, finding absolutely nothing outside. With a sigh, she turns back around and shuts the bathroom door.

There it is again. That sound. What could it be? "I'm on the toilet right now so if you're a murderer or something, can you just wait a second?" Lia whispers.

Another sound. She pulls up her pants, stepping onto the toilet to throw open the bathroom window. What she sees next causes her to fall over in shock, which is a mysterious figure dressed in all black, simply vanishing into the air.

She gasps, looking down at her bruised leg from the fall. "What happened? I heard a bang!" Stanley shouts, barging into the room in a hurry.

"It's nothing. I'm fine, Stan. Um.. can we.. talk?" She asks, earning a nod from him as they make their way back to his couch.

"Damn, I have the worst headache. Terrible idea getting so high yesterday." Stanley says, leaning back on the couch as Lia does the same.

"I saw the man. The one that disappeared." She says. "Seriously?" Stanley asks. "Yeah. He just— like..."

"Thanos snapped away?" Stanley inquires, causing her to chuckle slightly. "Sure, Stan." She nods.

"Well, we can tell Syd later alright? We should probably get back to sleep." Stanley speaks up. "Right. Uh.. Hey, Stan?"

"Yeah?" He asks. "Do you— do you remember anything from, you know, when you were all crazy high and shit." She inquires, catchinh him off guard.

"I... uh.. I don't remember much." He says, causing her to sigh. "Right. I figured." She nods. "Why? Did I say something stupid? I say some crazy stuff when I'm high."

"No. Just.. wondering. I guess. Goodnight, Stanley." Lia sighs, feeling as his arm wraps around her and pulls her towards him.

She leans her head on his shoulder as he leans his head onto hers.

Truth is, Stanley did remember what he said. He was just too scared to admit it.

"Hey, Lia!" Stanley calls out to the girl comfortably sat on a bench outside, eating her tuna sandwich. "Oh. Hey, Stan." She forces a smile, moving over to allow him to sit down.