Perhaps rules are meant to be broken...

"We aren't kidding!" Kaminari plead, eyes wide and skin pale. Beside him, Ashido was in a similar state herself.

"So your telling me, last night during a snack run, you met a child ghost of a war criminal who was mad at you for eating the cereal out of the box, who then disappeared?" Kirishima asked skeptically, brows upturned and leaning against the kitchen counter waiting for his toast to pop.

"Ye--well he looked like a war criminal or something, he had a bunch of bandages and stuff, lik--like it was his skin! His skin was bandages!" Ashido replied, her uniform ruffled and untidy as she stood nearly shoulder to shoulder with the blonde boy.

"Why war criminal though?" Sero asked through a mouth full of frosted flakes.

"I dunno, they probably have lots of bandages from war and stuff, right?" Bakugou who sat at the stove cooking himself a lunch for the school day looked like he was about to burst a vessel listening to them talk any longer.

"And he just disappeared?" Kirishima asked once more, looking for a reaffirmation of the odd tale they were spinning.

"Yes! He was there one minute and gone the next! Do you think he's haunting me? Did I do something to him? Oh God, I can't live my life haunted by ghosts, that's too mu--" a loud crack filled the room as the laddle in Bakugou's snapped in half.

"SHUT UP! You blonde idiot, did you forget theres another kid staying here or something?! Jesus Christ! Pay attention!" Kirishima's confused suddenly flooded from his face as he smacked his fist into his palm with an excited "yeah, your right Bakugou!"

"New... new person..? Oh, oh! We're not being haunted, oh Jesus thank God!" Ashido and Kaminari both cheered, high fiving before clasping onto each other in a relieved hug as they bellowed thanks into the ceiling.

"BE QUIET!" Bakugou snapped again, hissing at the now broken utensil in his hands before slamming it into the garbage bin beneath the sink. Reaching for another laddle, an older one that was chipped around the bowl and melted along the handle where Todoroki had left it leaning to close too a hot element.

More and more students continued to filter out of their rooms, dressed in their uniforms and chatting tiredly, some sat at the dining table and worked on homework while others dozed blearily on the couch.

Midoriya entered the lobby looking beyond excited, jitter and nearly bouncing in place as he glanced around, clearly looking for someone or something.

"What's wrong Deku-kun?" Uraraka asked through a yawn, tears beading in the corners of her eyes as she regarded the green haired boy curiously.

"Oh! Goodmorning Uraraka-chan! I'm just looking around for the new kid, have you seen him?" Uraraka pursed her lips thoughtfully before shaking her head.

"Sorry Deku-kun, I haven't seen him... maybe he's still sleeping?" She answered, pressing her finger into her cheek as she shuffled through her bag.

"I heard Kaminari and Ashido talking about him. I think they saw him last night." Midoriya startled slightly, whipping backwards to see Todoroki standing behind him, bag thrown over his shoulder as he glanced towards aforementioned students.

"Really? I don't remember hearing him get up last night, I dont think he ate either..." he hummed, frowning and cupping his chin lightly as he furrowed his brows.

"Apparently he got up late last night, he ran into Ashido and Kaminari and talked to them for a little while, but I guess he went back to be after that." Kirishima was leaning over the kitchen island, resting his cheek on his palm as he spoke.

"Oh! I guess he wanted to explore a little last night away from us? We were probably very noisey? Maybe we scared him away..." his frown deepened at the prospect, before he shook his head and glanced out the windows into the campus.