Chapter 4

"No, there's nothing to see there"

"What secret lab? I've never heard of any secret lab."

"The implication of what we have discovered of the craters are astound... Umm the secret lab is totally boring and there's nothing to see there."

None of these locals are telling the truth, which led Cody to plant a bug on the whole town. Good thing he was very futile, because he never got caught. After he did his shenanigans, he went back home and opened his listening device. He never used one, he only tinkered with it a few moments ago. But it felt like he knew how to use this machine since he knew how to use his hands. It felt so natural adjusting the different frequencies and everything. He heard static at first, but slowly a male voice was slowly becoming crystal clear to his ears :

"I'm never gonna set foot in this lab again!! I might as well burn my keycard"

Bingo.

After listening to a whole lot of recording (which also included irrelevant information such as the colour of my cat's tail and the shape of my scarf), the teenager decides to genuinely explore the town. He then passed by a group of people talking behind a dumpster. Out of curiosity he went to investigate.

"Don't worry, we're not possessed"

He reluctantly approached them. In fact they were conspiracy theorists. Cody was lucky. He knew that his cousins wouldn't believe his discoveries. He talked to them, shared his revelations. He also learned that a lot of scientists are behind that, so he can interrogate them at the local library, their usual hangout spot. They also showed him some stuff found in the StrangerVille archive. He was glad he found a group of people where he can share his thoughts.

Meanwhile, the other two boys came back from the bar. They had a blast, but now it is midnight, and school starts tomorrow for Sammy. They should get some sleep.

"Hey Sam, I'm kinda hungry. Wanna join me for a midnight snack?" Seb asked

"No thanks." Sammy B shouted from upstairs.

The blonde guy opened his fridge and was greeted with a bunch if bizarre fruits. "Nice! Cody bought some apples" he thought when he opened the fridge. None of them had gone grocery shopping, so it was already weird that the only thing in their fridge were "apples". But he didn't think much of it.

The minute Seb's teeth sank in the fruit, he felt his body shiver. After swallowing his first bite, the craziness has started to possess his body. At first it was a light cough, which quickly turned into what felt like a pneumonia. Seb was choking, painfully choking, until the feeling of the vice grip around his throat subsided. The boy almost passed out when out of the blue, all of his muscles contracted at the same time. His joints were also contracting in alternance, leaving Seb undone. The muscles on his face stretched so much, it would be painful to any conscious being. But Seb almost felt nothing, even though his eyes were now bigger than the Earth and his grin travelled ear to ear. His mind completely shut down, as the mother finally claimed him.

"MOTHER, MOTHER I MUST JOIN YOU." He mumbled before goimg outside. If he were a cartoon, he would leave a frame of his body on the wall because he litterally rammed against the door. In his mind, the mother was whispering to him : "Yes my dear, come join me". Those words echoed in his head. It felt like the mother was pulling a string out of Seb's chest, making his head shift backwards and his muscular torso arc forward. He ran and he ran, across the neighborhood aimlessly, trying to find the mother desperately through his limited vision. His hands were flapping as if he was trying to fly and his head kept shifting left and right. In front of him were other possessed Sims doing the same thing. It almost looked like a party of stoned teenagers.

Slowly, but excrutiatingly slowly, the curse was lifted and so was the night. Seb managed to come back home, though he was extremely tired, and go to bed as if nothing happened at all.