》Numb《

1.

a/n : Please turn on your volume and the video above before reading. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.・───

"Why is it so beautiful." he sighed, his breath hitched a bit.

"I don't know, but it sure is."

The skies were imbued with multiple hues of purple and pink along with a blend of orange clouds. It seemed like a perfectly painted piece of art. The summer breeze ruffled his brown hair, making him smile softly. The drowning sun had illuminated the riverside, creating a dazzling illusion of euphoria in him.

Somehow his eyes seemed to sparkle, his heart started to beat again.

As he closed his eyes he could hear the faint cries of white cranes in the distance, probably flying back to their homes.

It was comforting, this warm feeling that filled his chest, for some reason it consoled him.

"Let's go." the other boy tugged his sleeve, smiling a goofy grin.

"Hmm, we need to get to the subway." he replied, as he was gently dragged ahead.

They crossed the bridge reaching the other side of the river, swiftly jogged down the stairs making their way into the busy subway just to wait for a good ten minutes.

Someone bumped into Taehyung while brushing past, he instantly bowed his head a bit.

Gosh, reflexes.

"Ouch!" the boy wearing the black mask shrieked as both of their heads collided.

"I'm sorry!" both blurted out at the same time. The brown-haired just chuckled while rubbing his head in an attempt to soothe the pain.

The boy wearing all black attire promptly apologized, "I should have looked where I was going." guilt evident in his tone.

"Uh, it's okay! Please be careful." he smiled a little.

Taehyung watched the boy merge in with the crowd, to his surprise the boy glanced back and nodded before disappearing.

Weird.

The blinking lights on the announcement board alerted the crowd that the train was to arrive soon.

"Jimin!" Taehyung awoke his companion by waving hands between the phone and his vision.

"Hehe sorry, Tae" he whispered as they boarded the train, through the glass panel doors.

Subway trains were brightly lit. Windows were large, clear glassed, one could see their own reflection.

Taehyung tried to peek out, it was dark already. Just a few minutes ago the skies radiated a lovely magenta and now, it was pitch black. With occasional street lamps illuminating the window panes, he could see the reflection, the crowd of diverse passengers. Most of them were the middle-aged working population who spent their whole day cramped in their offices, living a monotonous life.

Jimin stood beside him holding a pole near the doors. His gaze lowered at his hands that held his phone.

Taehyung continued to stare out mindlessly. He subdued his thoughts inducing a numb spell. He didn't know how long it was like this, it was their daily routine for almost three years now. They still wore the same uniform, a white button-up shirt with caramel brown pants and a dim red tie. Their shoulders still carried the burden of those backpacks which became heavier as the days went by.