Chapter 1

The day was long but nevertheless they got back to town with the serum safely. After the inncodent with Steele , Balto became leader of the others so he lead the pack and the musher safely back home. Balto couldn't wait to see Jenna. Her beautiful rust colored fur seemed to brighten his day those eyes seemed to sooth him and her over all kindness struck him more than anything else. When they reached town , Balto was let out of the harness and went to find Jenna. When he found her , he was muzzled by Jenna. She rubbed her head on his upper chest and neck. "Jenna....."he said. "I missed you Balto..."she replied smiling. She started walking passed him and as she did , she brushed her tail in his face making him blush under his dark brown fur. Jenna giggled and told Balto to follow her. He grinned not to pervertidly but just about. Jenna started running and of course so did Balto. She ran pass three dogs , Nikki , Kaltag and Star. When Balto tried running pass Kaltag , he was stopped and him and Kaltag were face to face just like when he met Jenna. "Uh......sorry Balto......didn't mean to get in your way..."he said apologeticly. "It's.....okay.....alright Kal , see you later."he said running passed him. "See ya!"he shouted smiling.

Kaltag's POV
Kal? I've heard Tags but never has anyone called me Kal. He was so wrapped up in his thoughts he didn't realize Nikki was calling his name for the fifth time. "Eh Kaltag , what was that about?"he asked. "I.....don't.....know...."he replied. "What do you mean?" Nikki asked confused. "I....felt....something , something inside of me.....beat.....when he encountered me."he replied. "Your heart?"he asked. "Ye.....yeah."he responded with his head down hiding a blush. "Do you have feelings for him?"asked Star. He seemed to have hit Kaltag in a soft spot because he started running away....crying. Nikki and Star followed a second after he started running and followed him until they reached an old alley way in the snow covered city. He stapped behind a dumpster and softly sobbed until Nikki and Star found him."Eh bud , we didn't mean to hurt ya."said Nikki with a sad expression. "Well you did."he replied covering his eyes with his rihht paw. "Were fine if you have feelings for a male dog."they bothe replied. "I know that."he replied. "Then why are you crying?"Nikki asked. "He.....he's with.....with......Jen....Jenna."he said between breaths. "Oh."they both said with their ears down. Nikki walked over and sat next to him and started hugging him in an attempt to comfort him. His sobs turned into soft sobs then whines and he fell asleep from the crying.