🤖 Chapter 3 🤖

Hello! Sorry for not updating for almost a week. Enjoy the new chapter. I realise I messed up the time everything happened in the first chapter. I made it seem that the blackout happened on the same night Tom gets his new job. And I wrote it that way because the day in between, the reader literally wouldn't be involved, and you may have noticed I'm trying to write this book centred around the reader, (you! UwU) Anyways, here you go...

"Right, go and grab the Blue Devil off the floor and take him up to the attic, where he'll be safe, because I think whoever is outside is after him." Your dad, Tom, instructs you.

"OK, Dad, I'm on it!" You say as he leaves to investigate who is outside. You cautiously walk over to the kitchen where the Blue Devil is still lying on the floor. You crouch down nervously to pick him up, and as you do he says "My nose hurts... : ("

"It'll be OK, I need to hide you somewhere so you'll be safe" You tell him. You carry him up the stairs and place him in the attic. "OK, you'll be safe here" you tell him and you shut the door going back downstairs.

- little time skip -

You sit on the sofa, trying to act casual like nothing happened, listening in on your dad's conversation, with an interesting man at the door. "I am Dr. Robotnik, and I am investigating the recent blackout. And I have picked up the same readings at this address." you hear him say.

"Nothing here, you can ask anyone, everyone knows me." your dad replies.

At that moment, you hear a CRASH coming from the attic. The Blue Devil comes rolling down the stairs, past the sofa and into the kitchen. "Why don't you have your staircase carpeted!?" he says, still rolled up into a little blue ball. You run up to him. "Hide!" you tell him as Dr. Robotnik pushes his way into the house, with your dad following. "I told you, nothing here." your dad tells him. Dr. Robotnik replies "I'm never wrong!" Your dad signals to you to stay back. You look down under the table slightly, to see that the little guy is still hiding there.

Dr. Robotnik notices the blue quill on the table, lifts it up and says "Look at that, I was right. Note the lack of surprise!" he whistles and summons this floating egg robot thing which comes through the house. You begin to panic as Dr. Robotnik gives your dad 5 seconds to tell him where the little creature is.

"5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."

"Wait!" the Blue Devil jumps out from under the table and shouts "Don't hurt them!" At that point, Robotnik screams and your dad punches him in the face and knocks him to the ground. The floating egg robot detects the Blue Devil and starts shooting all over the house. You and your dad go to hide and look around to see where the little guy is. He's on top of the cupboard, ready to jump on top of the robot. He throws himself onto it and tries to control where it's shooting, but makes it worse. The robot tries to shake him off, flying around in a frenzy. "This was a horrible plan!" he shouts as the robot throws him off, and he lands onto the floor (again). Your dad smashes the robot and you carry the little guy to the car. "Don't tell me that's all you got! I'm just getting started!" he yells as you jump into the passenger seat and put him on your lap. Your dad gets into the drivers seat and you drive off.

A/N

Woohoo! Another chapter done! Let me know what you think of it! 🙂