Color Brave [Contest- 1]

Did you ever thought, why earth is so beautiful?

Yes, because it's filled with different colours. The colours which makes our life so beautiful and colourful.

But, did you ever imagined the lives of those people who aren't able to see colours or can't identity them or sees them differently?

For the people who are completely color blinded, colours hold a meaningless part in their life. Because they can't see the beauty of our mother earth. The world for them is either black or grey as that's the only colors they picture the world in, through their eyes.

Black- the colour of darkness surrounds the lives of the people suffering with complete color blindness.

While, there are some people who can see colours, but they can't identify them or sometimes they sees the colours differently. They are simply, color blinds.

Young children get teased because of their condition, and few will believe what thet are told.

So, this HOLI, let's dedicate this festive of colours to them. Let's show our support by penning down an inspiring tale in maximum 150-200 words and let them know, that they are not different people but they are unique.

Presenting you with a new and exclusive contest which you would not just enjoy but it would leave a social message in the society.

Well, Blue Star Community without twists? Can't happen in this life.

• TWISTS •

||1||

You have to write on a prompt. Yes, you heard us right.

As you all know, Holi is a festival of colours but don't you dare to forget that it is also known as a festival of LOVE!

LOVE- An invisible thread that connects each one of us.

You have got the right to select your own prompt and write on it.

So the prompts are;

1. "She is colourful while he is colorblind" (Or vice- versa)

2. "In the colourful world their world is colourless."

3. "He fell in love with those beautiful emerald eyes, but he didn't knew that her eyes were filled with pure darkness."

4. "To the world he's prefect but he didn't knew the difference between the colours and that's why he missed the Culprit." (A mystery one)

5. She was color blind but on the day of holi, she saw a man in white dress colored with different colors and surprisingly she could see the colour which she wasn't able to see her whole life. (supernatural)

|| 2||

The next twist is, you have to pen a story in any one of the above prompt but on a selected color scheme/ theme.

Yes, color theme/ scheme. Which means that the character (s) can only see that particular color (s) or either no colors at all (pure blind).

The color scheme are:-

|| Black, White & Grey||

|| Blue & Green ||

|| Blindness ||

|| Your choice any ONE color ||

Let us explain this with an example:-

Suppose, if you are taking, Prompt No. 1 which is, "She is colourful while he is color blind (or vice versa)," then you will be having three color schemes that is, Blue and Green/ Black, White and Grey (Complete color blindness)/ your choice any one color and the fourth option will ultimately be invalid, that is 'Blindness' because your plot states; 'Color Blindness' and NOT just blindness.

So it's like you have to portray that which color scheme (mentioned above) your character (s) can see, in your story within the given word limit.

And suppose, if you go for prompt no. 3 then you will be having no choice but to chose 'Blindness' as your theme because as per the plot it says, 'Pure Darkness' which happens only when someone is blind.

Also please Note- Color Blindness is Different from Complete Color Blindness.

Color Blindness is something where you can't see particular shades of colours while Complete Color Blindness means, you can not see any colors at all apart from black, white, and shades of grey.

Coming to the Prizes:-

1. An exclusive shout out from BSC's account.

2. A short review on it by our judges.

3. Follow from our account.

4. A shout out from our Instagram's handle.

5. Bragging Rights

6. A chance to get featured on our reading list.

[Prizes would differ according to the ranks]

Judging Criteria

There's basically no judging criteria at all. We would be choosing winners by seeing your CREATIVITY. The more creative ideas you come up with, the more likely are the chances for you to win. So this contest is just based on your CREATIVITY and not your grammar skills or anything. But yeah, your story should be an easy read. You have got a right to write any damn thing.

So start running your mind in all possible creative directions which should be related to the above prompts and theme.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope, the contest, it's prizes and the judging criteria are very much clear to all of you! Any queries feel free to drop a message in the comment section or in the personal message.

┍━━━━━♥♠♣♦━━━━━┑

Idea and written by:- The_Sarcastic_Girl_ and SN_Skylar

Cover by:- sonali112

Banners by:- Priyanka011

┕━━━━━♥♠♣♦━━━━━┙