PART I

A/N: 

This is a short JinByul fanfic that I'm dabbling on. This has been on my mind ever since Moonbyul's comeback and it wouldn't leave so I decided to finally write it before it goes away. 

Don't worry, I'm not leaving "Goodbye, I Like You Too". I'm just collecting my thoughts for the next chapter so I can give you something satisfactory.

It's kinda a one-shot but divided into two parts. I don't know when I'll be posting the next part, though. Hehe. You'll just have to wait for it.

~~~~~

Disclaimer:

This is a work of fiction. Although the characters and names in the story do exist in real life, the personalities and conversations are purely the result of the author's fantasies. Businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to the characteristics and traits of the actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. This story is done for entertainment purposes only.

~~~~~

"Why not?!"

Jin pulled the phone away from his ear, flinching at the wail of the person at the other side of the line. He currently sat in the middle of his room, unpacking his luggage. That was what he did when he finally woke up from his much-deserved sleep after the group's long flight from the U.S. Well, not after calling his girlfriend first. She takes precedence over everything, after all. No matter what time or day it is, talking to each other will always be the highlight of their day. But that was unfortunately not the case at the moment judging from the sound of her voice.

"Byul-ah," he called out her name softly, trying to soothe her ruffled feathers. "As much as I really want to see you, I just can't. We arrived really, really late last night. I have to unpack my stuff and we have to clean the house after that. Then later this afternoon, we have to start rehearsing for our comeback. I just don't think I can find the time to squeeze you in."

"You can't or you won't?"

"That's not the case, and you know it," he said, his voice coming out a little bit sharp. He couldn't help but feel a bit stung that she could ever think that. "You're being unfair right now."

"I know," she said after a slight pause, sounding upset and mollified at the same time. "I'm sorry, Jin. I didn't really mean that. I just --"

"I understand," he cut her off, not wanting to upset her even more. "I'm sorry too."

"No, don't say sorry. You're not at fault. It's me. I'm being selfish."

"It's okay, Byul."

"No. It's not okay." His eyes widened when he heard her sniff. "I didn't mean to make you mad." She sniffed again. "I don't have the right to say that to you." Sniff. "I'm just not myself today." Another sniff. "Oh my gosh, why am I such a crybaby?" The last word was said in a sharp cry, and was followed by a soft thump which he recognized was her stamping her sock-covered foot on the floor in frustration or embarrassment. Or maybe both.

Jin knew he shouldn't laugh at her obviously crying and distressed girlfriend, but he couldn't help the snigger that came out from him after her outburst. He quickly covered his mouth to smother it, but the damage was already done because then the sniffling stopped.

"Are you seriously laughing at me?"

His laugh finally broke out. "You sound so cute, I can't help it."