Press conference

Nova's POV:

When Nova left to go find Adrian for the press conference, Ruby and Danna were still discussing the hole "does Oscar like Ruby" debocle. She arrived at the lobby and found Adrian who was talking to his dad, Captain Chromium. She approached them and said hello to the Captain before he left.

"Nova, you don't have to wear your uniform for the press conference. They're usually pretty cool with it. They like seeing us in civilian clothing.

-My bag is in a locker upstairs, do I have time to get it and get changed?

- Yeah, just be quick, we have to leave in fifteen minutes.

-Ok"

She went to get changed and came back in her usual plain whit t-shirt and sports leggings. She kept her boots on since they were more comfortable than any other shoes she owned. Her hair was up in a high ponytail and she was just wearing mascara and fine line of eyeliner.
"-You ready?

-Yeah, let's go, my dad got us a taxi since it's on the other side of town.

-Ok. Why are we doing a conference?

-I don't really know, my dad asked us to go since they are all really busy fixing everything from the explosions.

-Ok, well I guess that makes sense since we  were there. I mean from the beginning.

-Yeah. Have you ever been at a press conference?

-No, any advice?

- Try not to say anything you don't want the public to know.

-I kind of figured that one out for myself. Anything else?

- Try not to show them that you're nervous. And don't get frustrated about gossipy questions.

-Ok.

-I don't know how long this will take, probably till mid-day, do you want to get something to eat after and then we'll go back to HQ?

-Yeah, sure.

-Ok. Where do you want to go?

-I think you should choose, I don't really know any good places in that neighborhood.

-Ok, we could get pizza. They have a really good place there.

-Yeah, that sounds good.

-Ok."

The rest of the ride went by in an awkward silence. Adrian doodled in his sketch book and Nova just watched discreetly. That's when she realised that he was drawing her face.
She blushed and looked away suddenly fasinated by what was going on outside. The car pulled up in front of a big building.

"-Adrian, you know a talk show isn't a press conference right?

-What do you mean?

-Well, you could have told me we were going on the Ellen Degenerous show.

-WHAT???

-You didn't know?

-Well no, not really. Otherwise, I would've opted for a more dressy outfit. We're both in just plain ordinary street clothes!

-Oh! Who cares about that. What I'm afraid of, is that, on talk shows, they are not scared of asking more personal questions. I am not mentaly prepared for this. This is going to be interesting.

-I think that's an understatement. Well, no point in making the pain last any longer. You ready?

-No. Not really.

-The Nova I know doesn't back away, especially not because she's scared of the public eye!

-You're right. I took out the Gargoyle, I can do a talk show. It's fine. I'm ready!

-Good! Let's go!"

They got out of the care and Nova suddenly realised that, Adrian had gotten ahold of her hand and was now running his fingers over her knukles. She tensed up and was about to pull away when their eyes met and, she started to melt just a little bit on the inside.
Oh those eyes! I could them forever. No! He's a Renegade! But Uncle Ace did say that I needed  to get closer to him. I could just-
Her thoughts were suddenly interupted when she realised that they were standing face to face and just a few inches from each other. Their toes were practically touching and when she looked up at he's face, he was looking down at her lips. He's gaze quickly shifted up to her eyes and before she realized what she was doing, she stood up on her toes  and her lips crached onto he's. He gasped and then pulled her closer. Chen sur went to break the kiss, he wouldn't let her, he held her closer and closer and she just let her body melt into his. At, first, the kiss was shy, but now, it was full of passion and longing. They finally drew apart both out of breath when she realised that they were still standing there, on the side walk. And when she looked around, there were about ten cameras flashing at them. She felt her cheeks go up in flames and she quickly separated herself from Adrian who had just taken notice of the paparazzi standing around them. He took ahold of her hand and led her into the building. When they were inside, he smiled at her and just said " I've been wanting to do that for a while now. " and then laughed. She realised that, with Adrian around, she was less tense and so, for the first time in ten years, she let her guard down and decided to enjoy this moment. A women walked over to them and introduced herself, she explained that que was to take us to hair and makeup. And that, Adrian's dad had organised some outfits for them. They both left to get ready in two different rooms and met up backstage afterwards.