5

(Y/N) P.O.V

I woke up the next day to the sound of a baby crying. I groaned and sat up "where you going?" Sleeping beauty grumbled as he wrapped his arms round my waist "gonna check on the baby" I said smiling at him. "That ain't your job" Daryl replied. "Its the least we can do for them. After everything they went through" Daryl sighed and sat up "I know you miss her". I stayed quiet and nodded "hey look at me" he said gently cupping my face. Once I was looking at him he placed a soft kiss on my lips "baby's ok and so are you" was all he said "by the sounds of it Carol's got the baby" I listened and could her a soft humming "either her or Beth" I nodded "back to sleep then Dixon?" I asked getting a laugh in response. "Yes back to sleep" I giggled and layed back down next to him feeling him pull me against his chest. I quickly fell back asleep.

(Time skip to morning)

"CARL PUT IT DOWN!" I shot up and noticed I was alone. I walked out the cell to find Carl holding what looked like an arm "I found it in my cell" he said waving it around "young mister Grimes is armed and dangerous" I joked getting a laugh from the young boy. Rick walked in and noticed "carl put it down"  he sighed making the boy throw it down  and walk off. "Where's Daryl?" I asked Rick, he smiled and pointed up the stairs. I looked over and saw Daryl feeding the baby "you like that? Lil ass kicker?" He cooed. I walked up the stairs and joined him "little ass kicker huh? Is that her name?" I teased earing a small laugh off Daryl "yep for the time being" he said smiling. "Well I think it's perfect"

I'm not dead! I'm so sorry I took so long updating I recently came out as transgender so I hope you guys understand.