FIVE

chenle's mom ended up being the parent that dropped the four boys off at the local mall so they could walk around and eat. they also planned to see a movie before they left.

"be good, okay? and if you need anything call me. be safe" chenle shut the passenger door before his mom could finish her safety rant.

the boys just stood outside the entrance in silence, waiting for somebody to talk.

"...i want to go to the vans shop please, they have a few items i want." donghyuck spoke up first.

chenle just nodded and they all made there way into the store.

jisung was kneeling in front of chenle, trying to help him get off the shoes he had just tried on. meanwhile, donghyuck was standing infront of a mirror while holding up t-shirts next to his body.

"which one looks better, mark?" the younger boy said still looking at the shirts through the mirror.

mark suddenly woke from his daze and shook his head vigorously. "i- i uh- like the yellow and white one better. i-it suits you!" he stuttered over his words.

the brown haired male smiled at mark while putting back the black shirt. he then made his way to the cashier to pay for it. mark quietly followed him. chenle and jisung were paying for a matching set of shoes at the same time.

"mark, you didn't get anything?" jisung questioned. the oldest just shook his head 'no' and waited on donghyuck to pay.

they were now at the food court so they could eat dinner. chenle had bought some pizza for him and jisung, but mark was still deciding.

"donghyuck, what do you want to eat?" he asked the slightly smaller male who was standing right next to him.

"uhh... i think i'm going to get some fried chicken." he said while pointing to the little shop that sold chicken.

mark nodded and walked over there with donghyuck.

"what do you want to eat?"

"you don't have to pay for my food, mark," the younger said, declining the offer.

"come on donghyuck, it's on me."

it took sometime to convince the boy, but he eventually gave in, letting mark order his food for him. he was very thankful but mark really didn't have to do that. it was sweet though.

they all sat down at a circle table in the dining area. the youngest two had their pizza and drinks while the other two had their chicken meals.

there were a few conversations here and there between the boys, but they were mainly focused on stuffing their faces.

after finishing the meal, they decided it would be best to go see the movie now.

they entered the movie theater section and instantly started debating on which movie they were seeing.

they ending up choosing a new horror movie that had just came out. as they went to order their tickets, mark had paid for popcorn and four drinks. he was about to pay for some candy but donghyuck tapped his shoulder lightly and said 'no'.

he wondered why but he still listened to donghyuck.

of course chenle and jisung sat together, so that left mark and donghyuck to sit together. before the movie started, the smaller took his bag of his back and unzipped it. it revealed boxes of candy and chocolates.

mark chuckled, "oh, so that's why you didn't want me to buy those over-priced candies."

donghyuck nodded 'yes', "and you had already spent enough money on me today." he blushed lightly.

"oh, pfft, don't worry about that i—"

"shh! the movie is starting!" chenle whisper-yelled while his friends kept talking.

mark and donghyuck just giggled quietly before focusing on the movie.

about halfway through the movie, donghyuck was curled up unto mark's side. he forgot about his deep hatred for horror movies. but in the spur of the moment, he wanted to see what mark wanted to see.

and as for mark, mark was enjoying every part of the movie. he got to watch a good movie while being cuddled by his crush? that was more than enough for him.

the movie seemed to end quickly, which unfortunately meant the boys had to separate. they had already informed their parents early what time they should've be done.

as they walked out the male they saw all four parents lined up on the curb, looking for them.

"hey donghyuck... i had fun tonight, with you... and the boys, but mostly you." mark said rubbing his neck in a shy manner.

donghyuck could feel his face heating up as he listened to mark talk. since when did mark have this effect on him?

"i had fun with you too, thank you for buying me the food and everything." he said as he played with the small charm on his bracelet.

mark made a very bold choice, and pulled donghyuck in for a hug. donghyuck froze for a bit but then he hugged the older male back.

they swayed back and forth for a few seconds before letting go. a bright red shade of blush spread across both of their faces as they walked out the mall and went to get in their parents' cars.

mark would never forget this night. and little did he know, donghyuck was feeling the same exact way.