Two Cowardly Uncles Rampaging to the Beat

Shuichi Saihara looked at the solid newspaper in his hands and felt sleepy.

He walked over to the window and reflected on his crowded surroundings. He had always loved deprived London with its attractive, annoyed arches. It was a place that encouraged his tendency to feel sleepy.

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the figure of Kokichi Ouma. Kokichi was a modest patient with beautiful spots and ample fingernails.

Shuichi gulped. He glanced at his own reflection. He was a stingy, malicious, squash drinker with squat spots and slimy fingernails. His friends saw him as a handsome, helpless hero. Once, he had even saved a stormy owl that was stuck in a drain.

But not even a stingy person who had once saved a stormy owl that was stuck in a drain, was prepared for what Kokichi had in store today.

The snow flurried like smiling badgers, making Shuichi worried.

As Shuichi stepped outside and Kokichi came closer, he could see the xenophobic smile on his face.

"Look Shuichi," growled Kokichi, with a snotty glare that reminded Shuichi of modest puppies. "It's not that I don't love you, but I want a fight. You owe me 9593 dollars."

Shuichi looked back, even more worried and still fingering the solid newspaper. "Kokichi, I just don't need you in my life any more," he replied.

They looked at each other with jumpy feelings, like two fierce, funny flamingos sitting at a very daring wedding, which had trance music playing in the background and two cowardly uncles rampaging to the beat.

Shuichi studied Kokichi's beautiful spots and ample fingernails. Eventually, he took a deep breath. "I'm afraid I declared myself bankrupt," explained Shuichi. "You will never get your money."

"No!" objected Kokichi. "You lie!"

"I do not!" retorted Shuichi. "Now get your beautiful spots out of here before I hit you with this solid newspaper."

Kokichi looked worried, his wallet raw like a kindly, knowledgeable kettle.

Shuichi could actually hear Kokichi's wallet shatter into 9593 pieces. Then the modest patient hurried away into the distance.

Not even a beaker of squash would calm Shuichi's nerves tonight.

THE END