Hope - IDW Megatron x Gender Neutral Decepticon Reader

<Hope> IDW Megatron x Gender Neutral Decepticon Reader 

A/N Hello, I'm back and gonna vanish again. I started this one-shot a few months ago but like gave up on it since I stuck. Not my proudest plot, but it will have to do. Also, megs got kind of ooc sadly (this is kind of based off LL Megatron). There should be another one of his in the future since I do have an idea, it's just the matter of bothered enough to write it

regarding Ratchet's part 3, I did make a separate book for that story which is also kinda on hiatus and updates rarely. Also, requests are closed for those who asked, sorry.  But you can give suggestions for future chapters if you want. 

You were there since the beginning.

the corruption of the Senate, the rise of the Decepticons, the revolution, and the rise of the true Prime. Yet never have you expected it all to end like this.

The great Decepticon leader, that's loved and respected; Megatron, who fought for the people, equality, and freedom; the voice for the voiceless. You had never expected to end up in the middle of a war zone, Cybertronian against Cybertronian, friends against friends. Caused by no one else other than Megatron himself, the once poetic miner, the warlord.

You still remember those times, reading those writings and thesis against the Senate. It filled you with hope, you used to be one of the members at the bottom of society the grey mech was like the messiah, the sun in your life. But what you're seeing now is not what the hope had promised. It was not what you had envisioned all those centuries ago back on Cybertron.

"(Y/N) MOVE!" Feeling a strong force crash against you the next second you were on the ground in a shallow trench as your teammate shot towards the opposing side. "Primus, (Y/n) you need to stop spacing out like that. You're going to get yourself killed!" she exclaimed as she shot you a quick glance before focusing back onto the battlefield.

"Right, we're in a war. Sorry, got....distracted," You shook your head in apologies to the other Decepticon as you raised your blaster to shoot down the incoming Autobots. It's been an issue of yours, spacing out into your own world during fights and battles. You almost died quite a few times due to your own thoughts, it wasn't a fun experience. Really you were just as surprised as everyone else at how long you lived, suppose fate works in a mysterious way.

Shaking your head you focused back onto the battle, you continued to remind yourself to focus, focus on the Autobots, focus on staying alive. Time seemed to go on forever, each day and night you fight, you get repaired, you wait for the next battle, and then you fight again, the cycle continues until one day you'll die. Or at least that's what you expected. And just like that time flies.

Staring at your (f/c) palm, the clean and newly polished paint jobs. But you knew that wasn't all of it, your hands are covered in energon, your life carries more weight than you could possibly bear. It's what got you here, in front of the warlord. The one bot you had always admired even before the existence of the Decepticons... The route here wasn't easy, you've watched many friends fall by your side yet you were still standing. You never wanted to kill, to slaughter, to massacre but sometimes that's the only way to survive in a war.

"The Decepticons honors you for your sacrifice," You can hear the familiar raspy voice of your leader. Keeping your back straight, you instantly dropped your hands to your side at the sound of your name and looked up at Megatron. It was your first time actually meeting the grey mech in person, he looked so much more worn down than you imagined as he pinned the badge to your chest plate.

"Thank you...sir," You said with a nervous salute, but this isn't what you wanted. You didn't want to get awarded for killing a mass amount of Cybertronian. You stood there sinking into your own thoughts for a moment before retrieving the badge on your chest plate and handed it back to the leader.