12

I never expected my eyes to open again. But here I was laying in a tent. Herbs burnt next to me. I tried to move but my limbs were sore, and pain seared through my brow. "Take it easy," a voice said. I grunted and slowly turned my head to look at them but the shadows of the tent hid them.

"W...who are you?" I stuttered.

"Save your strength little one," they said. Their voice deep, hoarse and gravelled. I looked around my surroundings, there were animal skins, bones and herbs hanging all around. A pot hung above a fire and boiled, from what I could smell it could have been Crocolisk stew. The necklace that hung next to an animal pelt gave away who my host was, it was a Tauren Druid. "Unusual for an orc to be alone."

"Not a runt," I coughed. 

"You are no runt. Look at yourself you're far stronger. I've seen runts worse than you," he said now sitting next to me. "Not many survive the sting of the scorpions."

"I shouldn't have," I grunted.

"Don't say that. Be grateful for the life you were given," he said and thumped his hoofed fingers against the table. "You will play a great role with in the horde."

"How do you know?" I huffed and clacked my tusks, my broken one giving me pain.

"Because every orc is important to the horde," he said.

"I'm not. I had a hard beginning." I said and turned over my back to him, my beaded and braided hair whacking me in the face.

"Everyone has a hard beginning in life, it makes you stronger. You of all beings should know that," he snorted and shook is fur.

"It has only made it harder. You weren't born premature. The smallest of your brothers and sisters," My once dry eyes now became misted and wet.

"No you're right. But you can use it to your advantage..." I interrupted him.

"You mean others use it to their advantage. Forcing me into the alliance camps undiscovered to spy on their plans, disguising me as a human," I said.

"That was then, claim who you are now. Allow the spirit of the ancestors to fill your being, be who they were. Prove to them you're not the runt they expect you to be," he said resting his hand on my shoulder gently.

"A runt sent away from the battle. Abandoned. Alone. Honourless. Worthless..." he interrupted me.

"Stop!" His voice became serious. "I will not sit here and listen to this, you're young. You can use your gift to its potential, if you don't that's up to you." I fell silent and clutched the fur pillow. "I will leave you to rest." With that he left me in silence and stormed out. I stopped my tears. 'Orcs don't cry,' I told myself over and over.

I thought over his words. He was right. There was no use moping over the things that have happened. I needed to prove to Durotan and Grommash I was strong and that I deserved to be at their sides.