Chapter 28

March 4 to 5, 2015 (Reagan is 36 weeks and 3 days, Alana is 36 weeks and 2 days)

Dedicated to @AmazinglyGraced because i just added all your books into my inventory. :)

You see those two book covers on the side? Those are something new in my works that will be coming out some time after this. Do you want Nolan's story (BOH) first or Obsession?

Reagan couldn't sleep.

She was feeling a constant ache in her stomach and lower back, and it was pure torture. Jelly Bean felt like he weighed a ton. Every five or ten minutes, she'd have to stand up to go use the washroom due to-embarrassingly so-feeling warm trickles of fluid running down her leg.

Ten p.m., the alarm clock wrote in bright, glowing letters.

Letting out a sigh, Reagan carefully laid back down on the bed, sprawling out like a starfish considering Nathaniel was downstairs working in his study. She was in constant pain, but it seemed after a specific amount of time, things would become much worse.

Every time the pain would come full force, her lower back would slowly begin to seize up. It was kind of like the muscles inside were slowly twisting harder and harder until it became almost unbearable, and then it would slowly subside.

Reagan rubbed her stomach in soothing circles, hoping it'd go away; she really needed to sleep.

But, things didn't exactly go her way, seeing as more fluid, which she thought was pee, began running down her leg. Oh, the joys of pregnancy.

She did her business and washed her hands, grimacing when she noticed she soiled yet another article of clothing. Reagan sighed, grabbing a grey pair of sweatpants and slid it on and walked put the washroom, hoping a little light reading would put her to sleep.

Reagan put her hand under her pillow, trying to grab her phone, but came up empty when she realized it wasn't there. She checked to socket to see if it was plugged in for a charge.

Yet again, Reagan was empty handed.

She checked the nightstand, in search of her cell phone, rummaging through the numerous miscellaneous items. "Finally," Reagan exclaimed, picking it up, about to close the drawer, but her eye caught on to something.

A small, black matte box.

Without a second thought, Reagan picked it up and flung it open carelessly, her phone forgotten to the bed. But, what was in that box, oh, her heart basically stopped at the sight.

Blue.

That was the first thing her eyes zoomed in on; the beautiful tanzanite stones mixed in with diamonds perfectly, complimenting each other.

A wide grin spread across her face as she squealed in excitement, "oh, my God". Just then, she felt an extremely sharp pain on her lower back, a gush of fluids pouring down her legs, almost making her drop the box.

Reagan's squeal instantly turned to a cry for help as she screamed Nathaniel's name at the top of her lungs. She could immediately hear his hurried and heavy foot steps approaching the room, so she quickly put the box in her pocket, hands clutching her belly.

In seconds, he barged into the room, face turning a pale white at the sight, "your water broke," he stated. She only managed to nod her head in response. "Okay, okay," he mumbled running his hands through his hair and sprinted back out the room.

He grabbed his car keys from the hook, picking up the overnight bags and car seat they luckily packed and placed by the door about a week ago.

Nathaniel ran out the house, quickly opening the boot, practically throwing the things in there. He got in his car and sat down, putting it in ignition as he looked to his side, expecting to see Reagan when he realized his stupidity.