two

𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 〆 ɟo

when they'd finally arrived, min yoongi couldn't help but laugh.

you fucker.

the magic man sat atop an ocean of crawling and needy nymphomaniacs. their chests exposed and bare, ready for the world to see, but if the world was him, he had done good ignoring them.

the party goers clawed for his attention, flicking their decorated wrists up high and moaning out the only name they knew;

"park jimin."

brushing away a lock of displaced purple hair, the man tore his gaze from the ghostly moon above him and returned it straight ahead. straight into the eyes of the man he'd always loved to torture.

so this is the place. min yoongi gave looks at passing revelers as he made his way across the marble castle; jimin's guilty pleasure for the week.

"everyone's already absolutely wasted." he muttered to tove, the woman on his left.

his own guilty pleasure for the time being.

the penthouse mainly consisted of a large, marble walkway lined with dark blue lights in which the designer shoes of billionaire offspring walked upon. on either side, bikini-less people lazied on flamingo floaties and filled the pools with sweat and glitter. yet in their arms and in their hearts the night was still young as long as the liquor kept flowing.

this was who park jimin was.

a man for the people. a man who'd stand in front of his marble castle and let the people come to him as the night revealed itself more and more.

he played with one of the many rings bound his fingers, brought it up to his full lips and kissed the diamond on it before settling back into his seat.

"min yoongi,"

"jimin." the speed limit chaser replied underneath a veil of disdain. he looked towards the magic man, already seeing a spot cleared for him and his woman.

"how's the drive, jaguar man?"

jaguar man. he hated it. that nickname.

"perfectly fine. you." the question wasn't a question, it was a breath in the passive discourse of two masterminds.

"better than perfect. as you know, park & lim just got the air rights for this building," jimin took a breath, grabbed a bottle of wine off someone's hands, than continued. "we're expanding in a week."

"that, and being a worse than ever slumlord, i hear." yoongi added, grabbing the wine glass off his hands to pour himself.

they sat in the silence he created for a moment before jimin let out a big, forced laugh. soon, the people sprawled out beside him followed his lead.

whatever he did, they did. a king amongst his pride.

jimin took a big gulp of air as he watched the man pour the liquid elegantly into a champagne glass. he closed his eyes, as if to think of what to say next, then gasped. "oh, i've been so bored, jaguar man!" he sighed, bringing his hands up to his face and dragging them down, as if to rid himself of the boredom he'd spoken of.

"how so?"

"i just find myself questioning and playing stupid games. this one, you see," he took another moment, waited for the attention he ordered, "you hold sand in the palm of your hand, right? and you see how tight you can hold it, hoping—"

suddenly, the purple haired man was next to his ear, staring into the distance as a violent revelation exhibited on his lips.

he knew something.

jaguar man held his position, the wine bottle hovering over the glass.

"h-hoping, jaguar man.... it doesn't slip through your fingers."

again, that prepared silence, this time, an attack by his enemy. he didn't know what he'd meant, so he sat there, feeling a sudden emptiness beside him. an emptiness beside him.

"do you understand, jaguar man?"

to his left, empty.

"it told me you'd lose everything."

and so, they watched as tove disappeared with another man.

12:24am , july 18th 2023.