four

𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 〆 ɟo

the two gathered a rhythm against each other, one smooth and all at the same time, rough. he couldn't help but roll his eyes back as she grinded against his belt. "ah shit," the young man muttered.

she was head-to-toe dangerous.

his slender hands travelled up her figure, gathering up the silk of her black dress, all while realizing, with a playful smirk, that she was completely nude underneath.

"lose things often?"

tove smiled, held up a fist, then unclasped it and revealed, with the same allure she'd always had, a black lace thong hanging from one of her fingers.

where the hell is he? the dark haired man groaned, his anxiety quickly tripling as he glanced around the penthouse. people moved in every which way, belting rough notes and dancing drunkenly. through the crowd of people, jungkook noticed two others, just like him.

staring off into the distance, min yoongi and park jimin sat in complete, dead silence. neither did anything for a moment, then finally, jimin leaned in and whispered something in yoongi's ear.

jungkook snapped his attention to where they looked. the terrace?

his kisses moved along her collarbone and down the middle of her chest, making sure to leave marks to be seen for days to come.

"oh god," tove gazed up at the midnight sky as she bit her lip. her eyes danced across the stars before they fluttered closed at his movements. she ran her hands through his silky hair, by accident, pulling on it.

the brunette's hands dug into her thighs slightly as he heard her, originating a whimper from the young lady. a grin broke out on his face, replacing the eerily serene expression she'd known him to have.

"i usually go by taehyung, but that works too."

what was he doing anyway? why did he care so much?

jungkook stood, frozen in complete fear of himself. his palms sweat and he could feel his cool gradually slip as his eyes travelled up the marble steps of the terrace. he focused on anything; the modern glass railing he'd dug his palms into, the dark blue lights lining the sides of the steps. the way everything was cleancut and so... trivial.

compared to all the fun that surrounded him, it was trivial. it was so much easier to simply wait for the man down here. so much more convenient than to bother him. jungkook could do that; wait. with the people, the noise, the—

wake up!

a groan escaped his lips as he began his ascend. each step was a tread through mud. and worst of all, it felt like a sin to ignore all the excitement he'd be leaving behind. all the people, the noise ...

the drinking.

if it weren't for taehyung, jungkook's liver would've given out a long time ago.

and now he was gone.

the young man's focus diverted as a server with a tray passed him. he recognized the rye whiskey and tumbler glasses immediately. maybe too soon. the beautiful memory of the cold, dryness going down his throat began to plague his mind. for a moment, he was stuck there, frozen in indecision before he'd force his eyes to the ground.

the millionaire was plagued by more than just indecision.

it was his feelings. his fucking feelings. the ones that made him lose his words when he looked into his eyes, when he admired the caramel of his irises or what drove him insane when he knew his friend could never look at him with that same affinity he had for women.

jungkook'd be forever stuck in this sick limbo, one he'd never truly be able to escape from.

if anyone knew what'd the youngest jeon son had been hiding, they'd murder him in the articles. the rumours would spread like wildfire and the world would ruin him if they knew he was—

"you're hilarious!"

a giggle erupted from the top of the stairs, one jungkook'd have probably ignored if it weren't for the beautiful woman attached to it. a woman brushed up against a man. he watched as her delicate hand slid up against the man's toned chest, playing with one of the buttons on his patterned, silk dress shirt.

he would have ignored it even, if that wasn't the same shirt he'd gifted taehyung last christmas.

but it was. and that was him. kim taehyung with some woman.

the same mud that'd been so difficult to tread turned to water, crashed into him in big, torturous waves. his grip slipped, from the railing and from the sobriety he'd been trying to salvage all night.

everything was a million miles away; min yoongi's yells and park jimin's wicked laughter and taehyung's silence.

you're ignoring me again, tae.

but one thing that'd never ignore him was placed so elegantly atop a tray.

rye whiskey and tumbler glasses.

the beautiful coldness that went down his throat, dry and unforgiving. soon, the whole bottle was in his hands, and quickly enough, he'd be downing it in the elevator, smirking at the ruined image of himself in the mirrors that entrapped him.

and in those seconds, a tyrant took over his body.

12:39am , july 18th 2023.