| Chapter Two |

Tanya had nowhere to go. Despite living the cushy life, she didn't garner friends. Instead, she enjoyed the peace and quiet. The only time she spoke was when she needed to. It was... Rather relaxing, to say the least, but it wasn't self-sufficient. 

Walking along the side of the road, on the sidewalk, she watched as a number of law enforcement officers came running. They went right passed her without a second thought on their way towards the Orphanage. None of them bothered with her, only giving her the slightest of glances.

A number of them seemed scarred from the war, they were veterans. A number of them were shaking from PTSD, a mental state which has hardly been defined during this time.

Was her identity going to be exposed to the men in blue as well? A crooked smile formed over her lips as she held her nose up high, waltzing away from the scene.

The madam had taken the image the men were carrying with them, hidden it within her layered dress. It seemed she had made one friend, even though she hardly ever really spoke to the woman, for she had protected Tanya's secret despite her previous life choices.

As she rounded a corner and began walking into the alleyway behind a common restaurant, she paused seeing a young man standing there. Dressed in unmarked black fatigues, glowing green eyes, and a subtle smile across his lips. Then he was gone, he wasn't really there.

Tanya reached up and rubbed her eyes as she closed them briefly before opening them again.

"He isn't there," She told herself and shook her head as she walked farther down into the alleyway. Her eyes peered in through the nearest window and into the kitchen.

The people inside were running around, heating food up. She could hear the chiming of the bell, food being rushed. It smelled good from out here and it made her stomach growl.

Tanya, however, turned away from the window and continued to walk down the alleyway before exiting from the other side and into the small parking lot. Her eyes turned towards the vehicles which were parked, despite how few of them there were. 

A faint chuckle escaped her lips as she saw a jeep used and manufactured by the Unified States, in which they both sold and lent to the other nations during the World War. She walked over to the vehicle and looked over its verdant green metallic surface.

Her eyes then narrowed on the flat cap which rested in the passenger side seat, her head cocked to the side, before her she set her gaze to the large windows of the sitting area in the store.

Perhaps she could get something to eat. There was no rush, she was sure she'd be able to outrun the cops if someone were to point a finger in her general direction.

Padding towards the front entrance, she pushed her way into the store and glanced around. Dark wood floors, cushioned pews being used for seats, it was in rather good shape for this place had been in service for over twenty years.

Standing in front of the podium, she watched as a waitress waddled on over to the front of the shop. "Hello, Darling! How can I help you today?" She asked as she picked up a two-page menu from behind the stand. It was an overly bubbly blonde who was far from overweight and boasting bright red makeup.

"A table for one please," Tanya gave a little wave of her hand as she replied callously.

Nodding to the girl as she made a face towards her cool attitude, the waitress lead her over to an area in the far corner of the place. She placed a silverware set down on the table, wrapped in green linen, on top of the menu before walking away.

Tanya watched as the woman wandered off to help the other patrons before she opened the menu and looked over the food. She had eaten here once before for breakfast, the first day she was here with the boy, whatever his name was.

A Devil's Grace 1930On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara