Just A Victim Part 33

DAYS passed by and the break is over. It’s time to get back to school. As usual, everyday’s activities were routinary: wake up, bathe, meal and head to school.

Just like what they’re used to do, Kazune waited for her. He smiled as he saw her. She just nodded and started walking with no particular direction. Then she heard a loud beep. It was then that she realized there’s a car heading to her direction. She was shocked that she wasn’t able to lift a foot.

All of a sudden, she felt that Kazune locked her in his arms. “Are you okay?” she heard him asked.

Slowly, she lifted her head to meet his gaze. “Yes.” she mumbled.

“Are you sure? It seems like you have  a problem. Would you mind if I ask what it is?”

She reached for a piece of paper inside her pocket. She just touched it but didn’t reveal it in front of him. “Yes. It’s nothing. I guess it’s just that I lack some sleep.” she uttered, convincing even herself.

He stared at her for a few more seconds then sighed. “Okay.” he said as he carry her bag.

Her eyebrows almost met. “Hey, wait! You’re exaggerating. I’m fine so give me that.” She attempted to get her bag back but his grip was stronger.

He gazed at her and said with a demanding tone “Don’t worry, I can manage. Just don’t sleepwalk, okay?”

She sighed. Gee. He’s like a dad scolding his daughter. “Yeah, right.”

-skip-

Hours later, she’s back home. It was late in the evening when Haruki finally finished her home works. She kept her stuff and lay down on her comfy bed. She closed her eyes.

Seconds later, she opened her eyes again. Staring at the ceiling, she sighed. She’s back to her normal and ordinary life. But why isn’t she happy? This is what she wanted to happen right. However, there’s this emptiness inside. She sighed.

She gazed at her bedside table. She grabbed the piece of paper on it. She unfolded it and for the hundredth time, she read what’s written on it. N’oubliez pas que je t’aime tant, mon cheri.

She sighed. She’s reading it again though she almost memorized it. She stood up from bed and walked towards the trash bin, with the note in her right hand. She staring at the two things, thinking. She bit her lower lip and took a deep breath. Then she growled and messed up her hair, as if she’s losing hope.

She stomping her feet as she head back to bed. She opened the drawer, threw the note inside and closed it again. Finally, she lay down once again. However, she’s still staring at her bedside table where she placed the note. ‘This is insane! Please, let me sleep.’ she begged to her brain.

to be continued

Just A Victim written by JeanneferEscandor

All Rights Reserved.

2012

bakasngmgasinulat.wordpress.com