Little Wings

"Look at those little wings!" Some one laughed. Ebonie moaned at the sudden pain in her back and tried to get away from what was causing it. She struggled to open her eyes though, let alone to move.

She was in pain, so much pain and in so many places. Her neck hurt, her back hurt, between her legs hurt... That had her eyes popping open as the memory of her night resurfaced.

"They're sickly looking. Gray? What does that mean, Hendrik?"

Hendrik? Her heart started to pound. She had met with the man she had been communicating with online after months of just texting. They had gone out to eat and then he had invited her back to his condo and she had gone even though she knew it was a bad idea. She had drank wine, that being her first time drinking anything alcoholic it had lowered her inhibitions greatly and all she could think about was not being a virgin anymore and keeping this stupidly handsome man interested in her so she could have someone to spend time with finally. So she had gone to his place, which was nice, fancy, and clearly expensive. They had talked a little but someone that ended up with him between her legs then...

Ebonie bolted up, holding onto her neck which still ached but she didn't feel a hole, which she was sure had been there before. It took awhile for what her eyes were seeing to compute with her brain because she couldn't understand why she had two women standing over her giving her looks of displeasure and disgust. One was white, with red hair and ice like blue eyes. Her features were delicate and symmetrical, a bunch of soft angles. Pretty. And the other one was Asian, pale, flawless skin, wide almond shaped eyes and hair like a black ribbon. As equally pretty.

Who are these women?

"She's not very attractive, Hendrik." The Asian one said with a snorted laugh. Ebonie blinked hard. Had she just been insulted?

The red head squinted her eyes and tilted her head. "Her wings are gray and small. I can tell she isn't very powerful. Why did you need her again?"

This wasn't making any sense. She looked around quickly, for escape or understanding. These women were talking too Hendrik but she didn't see him in the room. Speaking of the room, it wasn't the one she remembered. This one was larger, the sheets black instead of white.

She realized then that she was naked before these women and quickly reached for the sheet to cover herself. "Wh-What's going on! Who are you?"

"Seven is my lucky number." Ebonie flinched violently at the sudden voice. It was a voice she recognized though. Hendrik was suddenly in the room as if he had appeared from thin air, tall and clad in simple dark clothing. "I need seven and she is seven."

Ebonie's body responded to the sight of him. Her heart felt fear and her brain was on board with that emotion but another part of her, she couldn't tell if it was from her head or heart, wanted to touch him. Needed to touch him. Wanted him to touch her. That part confused her and made her even more frightened because she couldn't understand it and it made no sense. She realized that the area where he had bitten her burned with new life now.

Where he had bitten her.

"Are...Are you a vampire?" She stammered out the first thing to come to mind. The room grew silent and the three other occupants of the room stared at her. She hated the attention, but her fear was greater than her social anxiety. Was she in a room with three vampires? It would explain their good looks and the whole...biting thing.

She was not down for this. Was he keeping her as a midnight snack? Did he bite her and turn her into a vampire too? Oh no! She hated blood!

The red head burst out into a fit of laughter, that was oddly loud and unsettling. Ebonie stared at her. She didn't find any of this funny!